All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need advice on cause of D attack (m)
      #175428 - 05/01/05 06:08 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

Before I tell you what I ate, let me first say that I haven't had D in months and sometimes can eat some forbidden type things without any problems. I went out to Fridays with a girlfriend and her 7 year old so and mine for my son's birthday. We ordered mozz. sticks(something I never eat) and had two. I had the Jack Daniels chicken which was excellent with grilled veggies and rice. I had my fibercon before eating and two equalactin. We split chocolate cake for dessert but I only had a few bites. Within minutes of finishing my meal, I felt like I had to go. I went to the bathroom and went some but not D. By the time we got in the parking lot, I had to go so bad I didn't think I'd make it home. We weren't far from my house so I figured if I could just sit down I'd be OK. She was driving so the whole time I used my muscles down there to hold it in! They got a good work out I tell you! I had a very short good-bye to my friend and ran into the house. I only went twice and it was over then. I was fine the next day.

Sorry to be rambling here...just wanted opinions on what you think caused it. The fried cheese? Do you think the Jack Daniels sauce might have been too rich? It tasted great but maybe it was high fat? The chicken was grilled. And why would it happen so fast? I didn't eat much before this and it was all friendly foods.

Thanks!
Sandy

PS I'm back on the wagon!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need advice on cause of D attack (m) new
      #175432 - 05/01/05 06:27 AM
kidsx4

Reged: 04/02/05
Loc: Fairfax, VA

The fried cheese sticks would be a good guess. They bother me sometimes and my son is the one with ibs....not me!
Glad you're back on the wagon and feeling better.

#175452 - 05/01/05 08:14 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I would also guess that it was the cheese. It's cheese AND it's fried. Man, just thinking about eating that sort of thing these days gives me gas! Glad you are feeling better though!

#175454 - 05/01/05 08:27 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I agree with the cheese sticks and the cake.

I've ate thejack daniels chicken tons and that is there low fat, low calorie option.. so I'm sure that it wasn't the fat content from that.

--------------------

#175472 - 05/01/05 09:29 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Just another thought. I think the Jack Daniels Sauce has HFCS in it. If you're sensitive to HFCS that could have done it. Otherwise, I'm with the others thinking it was the fried cheese sticks.

I had an attack this morning and I think it was from the honey mustard dressing I had at SaltGrass Grill last night.

Barbie

--------------------

#175476 - 05/01/05 10:03 AM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Well it would probably be eating the cheese sticks on an empty stomach. There are trigger foods I can eat, but not without something in my stomach first.

I like your comment about holding it in. People with IBS must have the strongest sphincter muscles in the world!

#175534 - 05/01/05 02:25 PM
retrograde

I'd echo that it was probbaly those fried cheese sticks. You can never be sure at restaurants - yes they're an obvious trigger but even if you were doing so well there maybe even more triggers in there too - like they might have been dipped in milk before they were fried, or they might have been fried in lard. It all adds up.

I sooo relate to your story about the drive home. Ugh, a terrible experience but I've definitely had a few of those driving home from restaurants - it's definitely a workout, you're practically sweating you're clenching so hard! Ack, never again!

Good to hear the attack didn't last too long and that you're doing better now.

#175540 - 05/01/05 02:49 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

Hi,

What is HFCS? Thanks for your input!
Sandy

HFCS = high fructose corn syrup = trigger (for most) -nt- new
      #175583 - 05/01/05 07:50 PM
retrograde

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 643 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1543

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review