All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dang, and I was doing so well too...
      #175397 - 04/30/05 08:08 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I've been stable and feeling wonderful for quite some time- even survived a weekend trip on a bus to Toronto with my students, with little wear and tear on the gut- but for some reason this week I've had a bout of D, which is almost unheard of for me!- followed by C, bloating, and some gas.
I've been trying to catalogue what I've eaten to try to pinpoint something different; the only thing I can think of is that I used bananas that were slightly under-ripe in my morning smoothie for about 3 days in a row. I usually put a banana in the blender in the morning, generally with no ill-effects, but these were a little on the green side.
Is that a likely culprit, do you think?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hmm.... new
      #175404 - 04/30/05 09:36 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I wonder if it wasn't the bananas. I find if I'm not careful and I eat underripe ones that I get a bit of canker sores in my mouth. I know, what a wreck!LOL!!

Could it be the stress of a field trip IN A BIG WAY causing delayed stress release??

God knows when I've so much as taken students to Chinatown for an afternoon, I need a stiff drink and 15 hours of sleep afterward!!LOL!!(power to ya!!!! And all those instruments! You are my hero!!)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I second that new
      #175416 - 05/01/05 03:11 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Underripe bananas don't give me D, but man do they make my stomach hurt! So I'd say it's possible.

Re: Hmm.... new
      #175425 - 05/01/05 05:52 AM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Well, all of April was a stress factory- 2 concerts, the trip, and state solo/ensemble festival. not to mention signing the contract for a new job that starts in August, working to get the garden in shape for spring, etc, etc, etc...
I sighed a HUGE sigh of relief last night when I realized April Instanity was done.
So I guess delayed stress or accumulated stress wouldn't be out of the question, huh?
It just seemed to come on so suddenly that my first instinct was to guess that it was precipitated by some food.

You know what you deserve?? new
      #175545 - 05/01/05 03:22 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

An evening at the Symphony. Dress up really nice, and close your eyes and listen to an orchestra and get swept away. I know I do.

And yes, a music teacher's job is as stressful or moreso than a reg. classroom teacher!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3265 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 423

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review