All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello everyone!
      #175171 - 04/29/05 04:54 PM
LindsayK

Reged: 04/15/05
Loc: Austin, TX

It's been 3 weeks since I started the IBS diet and I feel great! I'm in my late 20s and have known I've had IBS-D for years (it actually runs in the family, but I seem to have more problems than my other family members). Growing up though, it was something I was expected to just deal with. Even after thorough testing to rule out any other GI problems, the doctors have never given me directions/suggestions on how to live a happy and normal life.

After a few stressful weeks of constant D, I went online and found this great website. I just want to say thanks! It's great to feel in control!!

I even managed to find a dietician that specializes in nutritional therapy and will be able to help oversee my diet. Type-2 diabetes also runs in my family, so I worry I'm eating too many simple carbs. But, hey I feel good...that's a start.

Happy to be regular,
Lindsay in Austin

--------------------
Lins

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello everyone! new
      #175172 - 04/29/05 04:59 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

Hi Lindsey from Austin! I am ConnieSue from Ohio. I go by harmony on the bbs. I feel the same way about this site. I was overwhelmed with finding good foods to eat, now I really am beginning to believe I can make it back to my regular weigh. There is enough material here, through the search link and just the Heather posts to answer just about any old question you can think of....:) Welcome

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1499 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 324

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review