All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ok, can everyone take a min and feel your....
      #174927 - 04/29/05 12:36 AM
ToilettPrisoner

Reged: 02/20/05

...hmmmm ok lift your shirt a bit now feel your lower back on the down far right side, almost to the top of your hip bone-ish area, at your back.
I got a weird lump there.
It is painless, I have no backpain or tenderness there at all....I've never felt it before,
It is like 2inch "long" but rather moveable a bit, ya know not like rigid or solid in place. Not rock hard or soft.

It is not terribly obvious, I have to kinda hunt for it each time.
I keep contorting into all these positions to see if it goes away and/or I feel a symetry on the other side.....but nope.
I'm like, "Wtf??"

I even tried Google putting in lumps in lower back...ugh...gotta long list of everything like Kidney cancer, and a 100 types of cancers or diseases.
But I have no fever, no pain, no blood in urine or stools.

I'm also only 25 with no family history of cancer at all....if that matters.

Anyways was just hoping you'd all feel your area there and tell me you have something similar lol.

I'm browsing local GI Speacilists in my area (slim awfull pickins!)and aiming to see one soon so I should get that thing looked at then.
God knows my posture suxs and I'm plain bad to me back all day lifting up kids the wrong way and picking up toys and such so it could just be a knot to knead or somethin as a result.

ANY reassurance is greatly appreciated!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok, can everyone take a min and feel your.... new
      #174929 - 04/29/05 12:44 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmm I just prodded myself and just found a Fibro-related tender point (ouch!)...it could WELL be a knot in the myofascia. I'd go see your GP first to be honest...it's so unlikey to be GI related.

#175126 - 04/29/05 01:23 PM
ToilettPrisoner

*bump*

I have something like that... new
      #175224 - 04/29/05 09:21 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

that's just a squishy part of my back/hip area...there's one on the otehr side too. Is it that or am I looking like a fooolio?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#175258 - 04/30/05 05:59 AM
beacon1961

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Marlton, NJ

Could be a fatty tumor under the skin. It doesn't sound GI related. I would go get it checked out to be sure.

Mary

--------------------
It only takes a few committed people to change the world!

#175280 - 04/30/05 08:15 AM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Yeah, just get it checked out to be sure.

If it feels "rope-y" then it could be just from bad posture, or picking up kids always on one side, or whatever. If it is in close to your spine, and 'long' as in vertically parallel to your spine, and "grates"/"clicks" it could be the human equivalent to gristle. Neither of those is a big deal.

But, if it is truly a lump, then get it checked for your own peace of mind.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#175305 - 04/30/05 11:06 AM
ToilettPrisoner

Thanx everyone!!
The only reason I asked here is cuz one site suggested lumps anywhere in your trunk can be colon cancer.

Funny, cuz I think I messed with it too much and am now a bit sore there.

I feel something smaller and similar on my right side too, so dunno.
I do not have a personal Dr, when I finnaly see my GI it'll be my first Dr visit in bout 2yrs.
I typically only see Drs when I'm pregnant, which is a good long 9mos of regular visits.
It's insurance issues.....infact fearing the cost has kept me from the GI Dr more than anything cuz our insurance covvers like only bout 70% and we dunno if this counts.
Fun fun.

But thankyou to all who checked.
It isn't quite squishy, not even as rigid as a knot, it feels like gosh....dunno, it's attached but I can really maniplulate it around a good inch or so in any direction.
Odd.
Judging on the slight soreness there now it could be muscle.

Mine are normal. Don't stress. new
      #175335 - 04/30/05 02:24 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Only cool people get these. Mine grow on the left.

I have 3, all clustered together the size of large marbels. They're fatty deposits and generally just settle there and do nothing. If one's pressing on a nerve and you fiddle with it like trying to massage it out (doesn't work, btw!), then in a few hours you can experience lower back nerve pain, like shooting darting pains in your lower back that makes it hard to sit down for long.

But if you don't mess with them, generally they just stay there and do nothing.

You can opt to get them removed. Sometimes they grow back in those places, sometimes not. I'm getting mine removed when I turn 40, I tell myself.

~nelly~

#175336 - 04/30/05 02:36 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I have two female co-workers who have had lumpy things under their skin. I can't remember what exactly they were, but it wasn't any big deal. A deposit of something. Both were on their hands/arms though. One had it removed for cosmetic reasons and the other's was shrinking. She is your age too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3275 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1297

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review