All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
any good drs in NC
      #17421 - 08/15/03 12:17 PM
bev82

Reged: 08/15/03

Does anyone know of any good drs in North Carolina especially in High Point or Greensboro?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: any good drs in NC new
      #17891 - 08/20/03 06:00 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi, Bev -

Duke has one of the best Digestive Diseases departments in the country, and they have an "800" number you can call to find a physician: 1-888-ASK-DUKE. Or, you can call the Digestive Diseases department directly, at 919-684-6437, and ask them if they can refer you to a Duke-trained doctor in your vicinity. If they don't have this info, ask for the "academic secretary" to the department director. Then, ask her - or him - the same question: "Can you give me the names of any gastroenterolgists that have either trained or taught at Duke, who are now practicing in my area, within X-number of miles?" If they don't have any info at their fingertips, offer your email address - or ask for the email address of the department and repeat your request in that forum. I'd be very surprised, though, if it took more than a couple of phone calls to get some names. University-based medical centers tend to keep track of the doctors who pass through their halls!

Take a look at www.dukehealth.org to find the phone #s I've given you and to get more info about the Duke Health System.

This is just a place to start - hope it helps you out! (BTW, assumed you wanted a GI doc - but you could do the same thing if you're looking for a primary care physician).

Blessings,
Kaybee C

#17919 - 08/20/03 08:12 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Just fyi also, but the UNC at chapel hill is the top center for functional gi and motility disorders in the country, including IBS.

http://www.med.unc.edu/wrkunits/2depts/medicine/fgidc/welcome.htm

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#17975 - 08/21/03 09:41 AM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Excellent! Bev, you could follow the same process to find a UNC-trained doc in your area. Or, sometimes a road trip is worth it - at least to get an unequivocal diagnosis and treatment plan. If you choose this path, the doctors at UNC or Duke (or any other regional center of excellence) should be able to refer you to a doctor in your hometown who can implement the plan. Many people make an annual trip to places like Mayo or Cleveland Clinic - and probably to Duke or UNC - for their special needs, or just a head-to-toe checkup. Depends on what your needs are.....

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 519

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review