Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
anyone relate? I'm sure someone can
      #173924 - 04/26/05 12:55 PM
kateL

Reged: 12/14/04
Loc: Camano Island, WA

Hi
I've been posting to this board and realizing how many of us relate to eachother. I know this sounds silly but I really kept alot of my issues to myself. I have been having increased problems with IBS due to stress. I have recently realized that sometimes my gut knows my stress before I do. I am not always good about taking care of myself. What I mean is I try to do too much. I am a nurse and work night shift. There are alot of other very stressful(not necessarily bad)things going on. The worse thing for my IBs is working nights. I have recently asked to work less to have more control over my schedule and that was really had to do. Only hard because I don't always put my health first. Just wondering if anyone else has had the difficulty of shift work and it's results on IBS. In another month I might be able to find another job with hours more conducive to my system. Thanks Kate

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Stress... new
      #174004 - 04/26/05 03:51 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Kate

I don't work shifts or nights but as a student I can completely relate to your comment, "sometimes my gut knows my stress before I do." I find that when there's lots going on and I'm really stressed, the rest of me is pretty good at staying in control - but my stomach goes haywire (leading to more stress...and so on). I also know what you mean about stressful but not necessarily bad things - sometimes even just getting ready to go out with friends in the evening can be "stressful" enough (but not bad) to cause my stomach to get upset.

And yes there boards are wonderful (Like you) I find it so much easier to talk about things I never would have before (and, in truth, really tried to simply ignore for a long time). I even find it easier to talk to people in person about it now having been about to talk about it on here. There's *always* someone who can relate!

Re: Stress... new
      #174039 - 04/26/05 05:17 PM
kateL

Reged: 12/14/04
Loc: Camano Island, WA

Thanks Laurel for your reply. I am just learning how to use this site and tried a search on shift work and could not find anything. I can also relate to the school thing. I am finishing up my last quarter in a BSN program and have more work than I can possibly do and I just started freaking out over it today. So I did some yoga and my mind still would not let go of the stress. So I'm sitting here with a moaning and groaning belly. I will keep positive and keep reading the boards. Thanks Kate

Re: Stress... new
      #174050 - 04/26/05 05:46 PM
beacon1961

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Marlton, NJ

I don't work shift work either, nut I have a very stressful and demanding job and I am always doing too much. I think it is a major factor in why I feel miserable a lot. My gut picks up my stress way before I realize just how stressed I really am. You are not alone. I have been considering what I can do to change my work environment/hours to take care of my health as well.

--------------------
It only takes a few committed people to change the world!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 800 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 596

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review