All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Whole Body Cleanse
      #173458 - 04/25/05 11:29 AM
LAGuy

Reged: 09/08/04
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Has anyone ever tried an Enzymatich Therapy Whole Body Cleanse? I saw it on the Swanson Vitamins website. It's supposedly not a harsh laxative, but for overall health. I know it contains psyllium.

I'm thinking of trying it. Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Whole Body Cleanse new
      #173481 - 04/25/05 12:09 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Please don't ask the same question more than once! Psyllium is a major trigger for IBS and I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Psyllium new
      #173585 - 04/25/05 03:53 PM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I thought Psyllium was in Metamusal and just a form a SF? Am I confusing it with something else? Or does Metamusal contain SF AND Psyllium, which is the problem some people have with it?

BTW, LAGuy,if you just reply to your own message with "bump -nt" in the subject line, then your post will be bumped to the top of the post where more people see it. This is less confusing for the rest of us than posting something twice.

--Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: Psyllium new
      #173711 - 04/26/05 03:49 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Psyllium IS a SFS...but it's the harshest one around and will cause gas and bloating all on it's own! So some C's take it (usually at night to avoid the bloating), but for some of us, it might as well be IF.

Re: Whole Body Cleanse new
      #173835 - 04/26/05 10:36 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I see this product advertised in HFS magazines all the time. This is a good, reputable company. I am really considering doing this as well. Someone told me that you should first do liver, then colon, the whole body cleanse in that order?

I don't see why you couldn't just do the whole cleanse if the directions don't require the other two first.

I really cannot say if this cleanse is recommended for people with IBS issues though. I've read mixed opinions in books written by people who specialize in digestive problems.

Any experts out there have an opinion? This is not a colon hydrotherapy cleanse, but a supplement cleanse, so might be okay?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8527 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 697

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review