All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Quick Question
      #173003 - 04/23/05 04:48 PM
SarahB

Reged: 03/18/03
Loc: Cortland, New York

It has been awhile since I have posted because I have been feeling pretty well. Still have D almost everyday but I just deal with it. In addition to IBS I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder. Things were going well for me untill April (same as last year) I have stated to take Klonopin to stay relaxed but I am not sure if it will affect my IBS. Do any of you take this or no if it will be okay.

Also I was just curios to know if anyone has had any trouble with Silk Soy Milk. I have noticed that my D is worse for the last couple of months and I went on there website and found that they added more fiber to there soy milk. Has this affected anyone else?

Thanks
Sarah

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Quick Question new
      #173011 - 04/23/05 06:28 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I have GAD too, and PTSD that manifests itself in severe panic attacks. I'm not on Klonopin, though - I'm on Lexapro. Even so, I've been nothing but thrilled with the anti-anxiety meds... they've only affected my IBS for the better! If you experience any side effects, stick them out - it's worth it.

I take... new
      #173033 - 04/23/05 08:18 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

klonopin and lexapro for my generalized anxiety disorder. I don't know yet how they are effecting my IBS. I am C and sometimes I think they make me more C! But the klonopin is also suppose to be good for calming the tummy. But again, I don't know how much it helps with that either. Since you are D, I think the klonopin would be helpful for you.

For that matter, I don't know how much it is helping the anxiety either. As you read, Casey loves lexapro, so I guess it's an individual thing.

Let us know how it goes for you.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Quick Question new
      #173084 - 04/24/05 08:40 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Just a thought about April: my whole system goes kerflooey for a week or two after we go on Daylight Savings Time. It seems weird that just that one hour change should wreak so much havoc, but it always has - even before IBS. (I refer to it as my "Night of the Living Dead" phase.) So, if there's nothing else going on in your life that could explain why April is a problem, maybe that's it. (Oddly enough, going off in the Fall isn't nearly as much of a problem.)

I hope you feel better. And I really like your attitude of "I just deal with it". That's where I want to get to.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Hmmm, maybe that's why.. new
      #173085 - 04/24/05 08:43 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

they designated April as IBS Awareness Month? Coincidence or not???

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

On a slightly different subject... new
      #173296 - 04/24/05 10:15 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...have you tried taking Immodium daily as a preventative for the D? I needed to do that to "reset" my darn GI system when I was having 15 BMs a day...but it worked!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 156 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 835

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review