All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Glad I found this website
      #172696 - 04/22/05 11:03 AM
Proterra

Reged: 04/22/05

Today I got one of Heathers books and I have to admit I cried - up till now my doctors have been very unhelpful and other than anti spasmodics which dont seem to be helping yet have been very unsympathetic and dont seem to understand that I am desperate with my IBS. Until I started to read this book today I have seriously been considering leaving my husband and kids because I am such a burden to them with this. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place but I'm a bit lost and just so glad to have a bit of hope here.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Glad I found this website new
      #172698 - 04/22/05 11:05 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Don't leave your family! You have also found a new family here. Welcome. We're so glad you're here. Read through the dietary guidelines in Heather's book. Take heart. You have found THE IBS diet to be on. It works. Seriously. And post any questions you may have after reading over the guidelines and general info.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#172699 - 04/22/05 11:07 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm glad you found this site too! Welcome! I think it's really difficult for people, even some doctors, to understand what it's like living with IBS. But there is hope! I think just reaching out to others with IBS is helpful. It's good to know you're not alone and that IBS is something you can manage. You know, anti-spasmodics haven't helped me as much as this diet has. Are you planning on starting the diet soon? Are you IBS-D, A, or C?

Take care,
Maria

#172701 - 04/22/05 11:08 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Welcome. This is the right place, so you're not lost anymore. And, yes, there is hope. Heather's diet has been wonderful for me and these Boards are a great place for all kinds of support. Your doctors may not understand what you're going through, but everyone here does.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#172703 - 04/22/05 11:11 AM
Proterra

Thanks - am sat with highlighter in hand going through the book marking everything that I want to remember. It's all looking quite complicated at the moment but tonight - its early bed to read this book thoroughly. Never thought a book about IBS would make me cry - have butterflies in my tummy with excitement that this might actually work

#172705 - 04/22/05 11:13 AM
Alli32

Reged: 03/24/05

Welcome! Heather's books are fabulous and the people on these boards have tons of experience and compassion to share with you. Becoming stable is definitely a process and it takes some time, but if you are patient it works. Your children need you, despite how you may feel right now, so I hope that you are going to at least give this diet a serious try before you make any major decisions. I too sometimes feel like a burden, or in my case "un-fun," but this diet can change that. And talking to my DH (Darling Husband) almost always makes me feel better about being a "drag." Okay, well this response is not as articulate as I'd like, but I wanted to respond and let you know that we are here for you.

#172709 - 04/22/05 11:21 AM
Proterra

Hi, Im going to give the diet a go for sure - am desperate and want my life back - and so do my kids. Once I get my head round it tonight I am going to start tomorrow and give it my best shot. Thanks for the welcome folks

#172714 - 04/22/05 11:32 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Definitely don't leave the family over it. I know when I found out that it was IBS almost a month ago, I figured that it was going to be more difficult to please my fiance with the menus, but with the suggestions of the members, I found great recipes for both of us. Also, he is a bit more understanding to what is going on when he started realizing how many people really are impacted by IBS and started looking at resturants differently in trying to find someplace that meets both our needs for our night out.

I hope that you find as much wonderful support and advice here as I have, because I don't feel as lost.

-Michelle

#172813 - 04/22/05 06:42 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

Welcome to the website...you've definitely come to the right place. Just remember to give the diet time to work and before you realize it, you will be stabilized. I've had IBS for a little over a year now and I was just as anxious to start as you are now. When I found this website I felt like I had died and gone to heaven! My doctor kept telling me to eat the wrong kinds of fiber, i.e. bran, wheat, etc. and I was getting non-stop gas. Doctors don't know much about this condition because it is not something they can cure.

Anyways, good luck and if you have any questions, you'll find all your answers right here.

Carol

Welcome! new
      #172871 - 04/23/05 12:32 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Glad you found Heather and this site!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8413 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1044

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review