All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Had a good visit with my PCP about false GI documents.
      #172385 - 04/21/05 08:56 PM
HeidnOut

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: CA, USA

Hello. I just wanted to say that I had support of family who went with me to my PCP to discuss the statements made by that one GI Dr. My PCP had only read the recommendations and never read about the "supposed" alcohol abuse, etc. He was surprised and said "Well, I "know" you don't smoke or drink!" He was very supportive. I have also lost just under 20 lbs. in several months!! Yeah! My next GI appointment isn't until June 2,05 and this time it's with a female. My PCP is going to give me a fresh start with and not forward the falsified documentation from the other GI. Just wanted to fill you guys in. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

These symptoms come and go so strongly sometimes you think you aren't going to make it through.

I'm getting tired and it's close to bedtime here.

Take care. Heidi

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Had a good visit with my PCP about false GI documents. new
      #172391 - 04/21/05 09:12 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi Heidi. I haven't had much to say about your situation as I really had no advice to give, but I want to say that I'm glad it's worked out for you. There will always be people we trust that burn us but there are so many more that are wonderful.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Had a good visit with my PCP about false GI documents. - Amy new
      #172413 - 04/21/05 11:38 PM
HeidnOut

Hey Amy:

I couldn't have said it better. This was something I had to do or I wouldn't have felt peace about it until I did. I'm glad I did. Sometimes I don't respond to other postings because I too am not sure how to respond. Sometimes staying quiet is better.

Thank you so much for your reply. You have a good day. Heidi

Amy new
      #172414 - 04/21/05 11:39 PM
HeidnOut

I'm in California too. Where are you located? I'm in Fresno. Heidi

LOOOONGG way away new
      #172416 - 04/21/05 11:42 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I'm in the capital of Australia. Sadly means I'll probably never meet my board friends
Yep, you're right, sometimes you just don't know what to say, I feel frustrated though when someone posts something (like a newbie) and no one answers. Feel like just saying, hang in there! I'm glad it turned out well for you

--------------------
Amy

Glad to hear it! new
      #172431 - 04/22/05 12:04 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Your PCP sounds like a great doc!

Re: Had a good visit with my PCP about false GI documents. new
      #172454 - 04/22/05 01:34 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Heidi,

I am so happy that things turned out well for you at the appointment. Always great to have a doctor that cares. Hope the new GI works out for you.

-Michelle

That's great! new
      #172690 - 04/22/05 10:55 AM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Heidi,
I'm glad the visit with the PCP went well! It's nice that he's not going to send those false medical files around, that would be a comfort.

Hope your next GI is much better!

--Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Thank you everyone!! new
      #172760 - 04/22/05 02:39 PM
HeidnOut

A new start and having lost 20 much needed pounds in a couple of months alone was great news. My PCP and I have always had a "great" relationship. We also happen to attend the same church. He said I had strong stomach muscles and asked if I was ever a dancer. I stated that I took roller skating lessons among other things. But, the warped sense of humor that I have, if I had only thought quicker on my feet when he asked if I had ever danced, I would have shot out with something like "Years ago I did strip tease dancing!" I never have but it would have made us all laugh. He knows me too well to know that isn't true anyway.

You guys are great for support and information whether it's anything I feel I can try or not. I always appreciate the feedback. I've never been attacked on the board either.

I think I have fallen in love with this board! Heidi

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 563 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 795

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review