All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
hmmm....
      #172221 - 04/21/05 12:34 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

...is this a strange question?? with all the tea and water everyone here drinks daily to make the fiber supplements work...how many times does anyone end up [peeing]?? i hope that isnt wierd to ask but i was wondering b/c i can drink alot of liquid and not have to pee AT ALL and then all of a sudden ill have to go like-----5 or 6 times!! it almost feels like an overactive bladder but i know its only from all the water/tea i drink. just wanted to know if that happens to anyone else. also--has anyone experienced the loss of their period either from chronic constipation or heavy stress from their ibs?? i havent gotten mine for a while now and am one confuzzled girl. thanks you guys!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hmmm.... new
      #172227 - 04/21/05 12:38 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I have the saame issue w/ drinking to much liquids and peeing, but I also have fibro which can cause frequent urination, so I don' know.

Have you checked to make sure you are not pregnant? Frequent urination and lack of period are two signs of pregnancy.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

yah i did... new
      #172237 - 04/21/05 12:50 PM
little bear

...i checked twice! one for each month--both times first thing in the morning 2 days after it was missed. i also didnt stress about it b/c i knew that would make it worse. i weigh between 99-101, it jumps alot so could that contribute?? both tests were negative but its hard to not worry yah know?

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: yah i did... new
      #172396 - 04/21/05 09:19 PM
Caliya

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: USA

I don't want to rule out the whole pregnancy thing just in case but to make you feel better I have same EXACT problem! I don't think I've had my period for 2 months now...Of course sooner or later I keep hoping it will show up but it never does! Anyone have any thoughts?!

--------------------
Caliya ;p

Re: yah i did... new
      #172435 - 04/22/05 12:09 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well stress and too-low weight are both contributors in missing your period. However, it'd probably be best to get checked out by your GP/gyno just to make sure...gyno problem symptoms can be very similar to IBS!

me too!! new
      #173137 - 04/24/05 01:37 PM
little bear

you havent too?! YAY! well not really 'yay' but im glad im not the only one see ive had eating problems in the past but i seriously eat alot!! it could just be my perspective of alot but i eat enough where i think i *should* get my period--i keep hoping..and waiting..but never nothing!! ive been taking tests for each month i miss and they keep showing up negative so i have to think its my body b/c the tests are from 2 different boxes. i dont think theyd BOTH be faulty, do you?? we should both hang in there

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

the thing with drs.... new
      #173140 - 04/24/05 01:44 PM
little bear

surprisingly enough i went to a dr and mentioned my absent periods AND my IBS and he actually said nothing! that wasnt the main point of my appt. but i brought it up incase it could be linked with something else. i was waiting for him to talk about fiber and bran but he didnt really touch up on that subject/concern at all! i even had my blood levels checked for anemia, b12 and my thyroid and they were all normal---so im at-a loss
if i dont get it though, i try my best not to stress about it. i know it will only delay it more. i eat enough and have maintained my weight from when i did get my periods so im not sure what exactly has changed. when you switched over to the IBS diet did you notice any different changes with your body? thats really all i can think of, is that while im eating for comfort on my tummy, b/c its always the same thing perhaps im missing some key thing thanks for replying linz, you seem to know everything about ibs!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: me too!! new
      #173352 - 04/25/05 07:03 AM
Caliya

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: USA

I know exactly how you feel! All my friends give me a hard time because I'm literally constantly eating yet stay the same size. I know that it's not a nutrition deficiency...but ever since I've been on this diet my period hasn't returned! I'm starting to think it might have to do with the medication I've been on? I was taking previcid for my acid reflux but it gave me terrible side-affects so now I'm on Nexium which seems to be working...oh and I'm also taking glycolax for my C...have you ever tried this? Also if you've tried that many tests I doubt you're pregnant so it probably just has to do with you're body!

--------------------
Caliya ;p

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3474 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1345

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review