Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need input
      #171760 - 04/20/05 08:51 AM
HeidnOut

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: CA, USA

Hi everyone.

I see my Primary Care Dr. tomorrow. I plan to go over that GI's letter of false and inconsistant information about me. I want my PCP to "understand" that drinking and smoking are not me. For all I know my PCP could have read those records and thought "Hmmm...she tells me different, or it's funny she didn't tell me about this part of her life." I'm surprised that he's never called me on it. We go to the same church and I've seen him for 10 yrs. I've also got paperwork from the Medical Society to file a complaint against that Dr. but like they said, he gets a chance to explain his side of the story and you know some Dr.'s can come across like God and be very convincing. I'm afraid he won't be reprimanded or made to change those errors. In fact, he might add that information and falsify more to my file. I have thought of going to an attorney but that's just added stress and might cause worse IBS problems for me and my body cannot take that. When I worked in medical insurance and dealt with patients, we had to document "everything" in their file on the computer and I never added or left out information. I've always been a "very" honest person and would never defame anyone's character.

How would you handle this? Going back to the GI who did this is not an option. He's very arrogant and I can tell you now that it would be a waste of money because I know he will not listen to it and ask me to leave. He has no problem telling you that he doesn't want to hear something.

Thank you. Heidi

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need input new
      #171781 - 04/20/05 09:21 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

GO to the board.. but ask your regular doctor for suggestions and you may want an attorney.. a friend had a similar situation she found out about but it involved her former OB and she was pregnant again when she found out. Scarier- it was in her daughters birth records that she had been drinking and smoking while pregnant- she has not done either since before she got pregnant that time at all...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#172001 - 04/20/05 06:23 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

A friend was in a work comp accident and had to meet with a lawyer regarding the case since the doctors said one thing to her and then put another in the records. I remember one of the attorneys suggesting that the best thing to do was to keep your own diary of doctors appointments- who you met with, how long, what tests were ordered and what were the results, any medications ordered, what was discussed (take your own outline and make notes) and when the next follow up appointment should be. My doctors haven't said anything about coming in with my own "agenda" and taking notes- at least I am listening.

Then once a year order a copy of your records and compare-if there was something incorrect that you could write the clinic and have them amend the records. If that didn't work the next thing to do would be contact the state board.

When I heard it at the time I thought it made a lot of sense but considering the fact that if your records say something negative and you get in a lawsuit, legal problem or work comp case things could be even more messed up-which happened for my friend.

Course the other thing is, according to my insurance agent, if your insurance lapses and you apply for new coverage they might cause you to have higher premiums for at-risk behavior or even have to wait longer because of a pre-existing condition. At least I have found this easier to keep track of things and haven't had any problems with needing to get a record corrected.

Plus the more organized and accurate your records are with what is going on will make it harder for the doctor to charm the committee reviewing it. Good luck with the meeting.

-Michelle

#172009 - 04/20/05 07:19 PM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Hi Heidi,
I read your other post, but didn't get a chance to respond. I'm so sorry you are having to go through with this! It's not like we need MORE stress in our lives to incourage the IBS!

It sounds like you trust your PCP, so getting his advice is a good idea.

I woundn't go back to the GI, either. I personally hate confrentation, and get so stressed out when I know it's going to happen. In this case, I don't see what you'd gain by going back.

I do think it's great that you're filing a complaint! It sounded like that really needed to be done. And if he does "come off like God", then at least you tried and there's nothing more you can do.

I just wanted you to know that you have my support, it sounds like this GI is completely awful, and good luck at whatever ends up happening.

Keep us informed on how things are going,
Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: Need input - Myra new
      #172039 - 04/20/05 11:01 PM
HeidnOut

I can't tell you how much your support means to me. I'm not the type of person who is sue happy and don't want to hurt any Dr.'s practice.

I just want to set the record straight but the more I hear, chances are that it won't happen.

I now have anither appointment with a female Dr. this time for June 2. My neighbor see's her and says that she is very patient and if you have to repeatedly ask her the same questions over and over but on a different level, the Dr. is supposed to be very patient and has no problem repeating what she told you before. That made me feel a bit better but there's still a part of me that is still leary considering my experiences.

Thank you again for your support. I really need it. Heidi

Re: Need input - Ooh Michelle new
      #172040 - 04/20/05 11:05 PM
HeidnOut

That's been some excellent information you provided that I didn't even know about. Thank you for sharing that with me. I most definitely take it into consideration. Heidi

#172041 - 04/20/05 11:08 PM
HeidnOut

That's exactly what I'm doing tomorrow with my Primary Dr. I want to see what my options are if any. I do not plan to sue the Dr. because it will only cause added stress and I can't afford to go through more of a difficult time. Thank you for you help. It really does help. Heidi

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 623

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review