All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: are ALL luna bars safe? new
      #191450 - 07/04/05 09:52 AM
feverdream

Reged: 01/30/05
Loc: California

I noticed that the new iced oatmeal flavor has higher insoluble fiber than the others. The rest of them have 1 gram insoluble and 2 grams soluble. Iced oatmeal I think had 2 insoluble and 1 soluble. It's probably because of the whole grain oats -- just thought I'd mention it because it might bother some people.

Edited by feverdream (07/04/05 09:53 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#191454 - 07/04/05 10:09 AM
LindsayK

Reged: 04/15/05
Loc: Austin, TX

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here. I bought a handful of Luna bars to take with me on vacation...knowing there would be times I wouldn't have a safe meal at my finger tips.

I ate one when we landed, after a long day of flying. Anyway, it made me so bloated I ended up in bed for a few hours in terrible pain. I'm still relatively new to the diet and still haven't figured out what is and isn't a problem for me to eat. But at least for now, I'm stearing clear of the Luna bars.

--------------------
Lins

#191561 - 07/04/05 05:32 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Can I throw in a guess here? Sitting on a plane and then I would guess eating on a hungry stomach would make many people bloated no matter what was eaten. Many times I bloat from safe food if I eat when I am too hungry or if I have been sitting too much. I have never specifically bloated from Luna bars.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3021 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4972

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review