All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Update on the logs... new
      #175485 - 05/01/05 10:37 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

The last couple days haven't been as great. I've still had a BM, but not the big logs though...it's still coming out so I guess I can't get too depressed. I'll keep you posted!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

getting back to "logs"... new
      #175489 - 05/01/05 10:54 AM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Yup, stay positive as worrying about it will only cause you to become more "bunged"! I love this word, just learned it from Shannon. So much cuter than what I was saying...."all backed up". So now I have 2 new words, one from each of you.

What else do think you have you done differently over past few days that might be causing you to become more bunged and thus slowing down the logs??? Time to put on the good ole thinking cap. I'm betting you'll be able to figure this out and then the logs will start coming again.

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Re: getting back to "logs"... new
      #175556 - 05/01/05 05:01 PM
jessica28

When I think if it, I've noticed that the last couple mornings I wasn't getting the good logs, the night before when I took the fiber I was taking it on a more full stomach. I think it works alot better when you don't have much in your belly. It still works, but not the good logs I desire. I like bunged too, cool word! Thanks!

Jessica

Good thinking! new
      #175902 - 05/02/05 04:06 PM
lithelady

Jess,
Your logic sounds good to me ie: taking the fiberklenz on an empty stomach helping to create better logs.

Makes sense that this stuff is creating a "bolus" when it's taken alone. Then this SFS/IF bolus pushes everything else in front of it along faster and voila, you get a good log the next AM!

Looking forward to your next log update; hope they're rolling out of you again soon!

--------------------

How are the logs doing? new
      #187894 - 06/21/05 01:33 PM
lithelady

Hi Jess,
I'm checking back to find out how it's been going for past month with the fiberklenz? How are you doing overall?

Really hope that you're still on this board. I know people come and go. J

--------------------

Re: How are the logs doing? new
      #187952 - 06/21/05 04:17 PM
jessica28

Actually, I stopped taking it for awhile because it was making me so full feeling...I since have had some tests and been put on zelnorm. I'm still pooping, but NO logs...so,now I am slowly mixing the fiberklenz back in little bits at a time, because I know that will bulk things up again. I was taking such huge doses at a time, which I'm sure made me so full. Now I'm sprinking a little on my cereal and taking a little before bed. So, it's only been a couple days, but I'm sure once I get back to the full dose the logs will come back. The zelnorm makes my poop pretty runny! Thanks for thinking of me! How are you?

Jessica

#188021 - 06/21/05 07:59 PM
lithelady

Glad to know that you're still on this site. It's nice that we've both added our pics since we last "talked". You sure look like you have a super tan and are very pretty!

I was always surprised that you said that the fiberklenz didn't cause you to be bloated. But now I'm thinking that what I call "bloat" [ie: significant distention with anything from discomfort to outright pain] you call "filling full". Or do you mean "no appetite" when you write this?

Anyway, I'm having my normal good and bad days, about 50/50 every week. I just can't seem to get stabilized and become pain free, even after being on this diet rigidly for several months.

Do you follow this diet and/or use acacia? I posted earlier today to ask if others with C-IBS had had increased gas and bloat with the acacia. I haven't had any replies yet.

I get sooo tired of this problem and somedays, when I have alot of pain or bloating/distention, I get very discouraged. Do you have pain? Get "down"? Joanne

--------------------

#188225 - 06/22/05 09:02 AM
jessica28

Hi! Thanks for the compliment.. That was actually a picture from my wedding in Cancun in March! When I say full, I mean, no appetite with too much of the fiber...any fiber for that matter. I don't get much pain very often, just mostly the bloating, no energy, and feeling like a stuffed pig. Eating smaller portions definitely helps. It's very frustrating...some people I know think I'm just an hypochondriac...they just don't get it.

Jessica

I agree that others don't get it about how incapacitating this constipation can be... new
      #189700 - 06/27/05 09:08 PM
lithelady

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. I had a run of a few really bad days of pain and never got online. Then over the weekend I had a bunch of catching up to do, so also never got online b/c I needed to stay focused in case the pain started up again, b/c once it does I can't concentrate well at all.

I know what you mean about friends not understanding. It does seem to me that ever since I started having bad pain this past year, my friends are more empathetic but also more frightened by my problem. How did you find a man who was able to understand and accept this problem and your living on the IBS diet? You are soooo fortunate!

How's it going on the fiberklenz at this point? Ay logs again?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1819 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5322

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review