All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: nice posting new
      #173928 - 04/26/05 01:04 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Appreciate the compliment very much, glad to know that my questions and Jessica's replies are useful to others.

Must admit that I feel like I have an advantage since I'm an MD, so naturally, I think that this board's most useful purpose is to educate people, including MDs!

I've certainly read far more often than I've posted and by doing so, I've learned so much about how to help patients as well as myself.

In fact, I'm now moving forward to focus the majority of my clinical work on this disorder. This board has helped me to understand how much there's a need for more enlightened MDs, who are able to treat this disorder both knowledgeably as well as with patience and empathy.

Having this disorder myself has certainly forced me to grow in both of these "virtues" and they were definitely not instilled in me by most of my medical profs. I also believe that it helps to be female, with all due respect to the men on this board. In general - of course there are always exceptions---- these "virtues" are so much more instinctive for females! Sure hope this doesn't set off another brouhaha.

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ATTN C'rs!! I found an awesome fiber!!! new
      #173970 - 04/26/05 02:16 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

wow---that sounds great but is way expensive howd you come across it? are you still taking the miralax and the acacia too?? youre so lucky to be feeling better!!! keep me posted

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: How are the "logs" doing? new
      #174153 - 04/26/05 08:44 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hi! Actually, I'm doing good. I've had a log every day now, except one day, just a little bit came out. I"m not bloated anymore from it. I started at a half dose for the first week and now I'm up about a dose and 1/2 and I'm going pretty good.

#174154 - 04/26/05 08:47 PM
jessica28

Is this you Ashley? Yes, I've found this stuff and it's great. It's costing me $32 a bottle with tax, but it is worth it. One bottle is good for about a month. I'm not taking the acacia anymore and the miralax I"m still taking, but only half the amount. It helps to get things sliding a bit more. But the fiber I'm using has made a HUGE (no pun intended) difference. THe miralax alone just doensn't cut it for me. Stay in touch and hope you are doing better.

Jessica

yes its ashley new
      #174189 - 04/27/05 12:11 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey yah this is ashley im so glad to hear of your good luck with your new fiber!! it sounds interesting and im kind of tempted. i bet that with acacia would be great!! i think ill just stick with acacia for now b/c im still far from stable and couldnt aford to have bad luck with a new product thanks for hoping ill feel better i already do!! later~

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#175307 - 04/30/05 11:20 AM
lithelady

Thanks for the update re:logs.

How much Miralax are you taking daily now? Doesn't it cause you to be gassy? If not now, did it originally cause gas? How long have you been on it?

If I understand correctly, you didn't improve on the miralax combined with acacia? How much of each did you get up to taking before you changed over to the fiberklenz? Were you also following HVV's diet then and now?

Thanks again Jessica, your replies are really helpful.

--------------------

#175344 - 04/30/05 03:07 PM
kateL

Reged: 12/14/04
Loc: Camano Island, WA

Hey Jessica,
I went to the site for fiberKlenz and in the process of ordering it did not look secure. Do you know if it is a secure site or is there anywhere else to get it? Thanks Kate

#175367 - 04/30/05 04:35 PM
jessica28

I'm not really sure, although I've ordered it twice and haven't had any problems. If you go on the website there is an email address for them, so maybe you can email them and they have an 800 number?

Jessica

#175370 - 04/30/05 04:37 PM
jessica28

I'm still taking one dose of miralax in the morning. It's never really made me gassy and I've been taking it since October 2004. I wouldn't say I stritcly adhere to Heather's Diet. I tried to keep up on my soluble/insoluble fiber foods though. I was taking up to the max, 3 tbl per day of Acacia and it didn't do anything really for me, but did cause more gas. I hope this helps!

Jessica

#175394 - 04/30/05 07:00 PM
lithelady

Thanks Jessica. Hmmmm, now I'm wondering if the acacia is the cause of my extreme gas sxs. I'm going to try cutting back on how much I take and see what happens. Really happy that the logs keep coming!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3482 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5267

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review