All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I had an awesome moment
      #170810 - 04/18/05 08:37 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I ran into a woman I hadn't seen in 3 years and she didn't recognize me! You see - before I realized I had IBS -- I had gained an awful lot of weight... I have shared on here that I've lost a lot before with Heather's diet. I try off and on to work out -- but I am just no good at it. So -- slow and steady over the 2 and half years I have been eating this way I have lost 54 pounds and gone from a size 18 (barely - they were tight) to a size 8. I am still losing a little too -- though slowly. So -- for those of you who worry that you cannot lose on this diet -- or it will make you fat... worry not. I am still losing! Also my cholestrol levels dropped (they weren't that bad before -- but they are awesome now). My asthma got better -- and my overall health is better.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I had an awesome moment new
      #170815 - 04/18/05 08:43 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Hip, hip, hooray! What a wonderful moment for you - and for everybody on this diet!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: WOOHOO You are awesome! new
      #170821 - 04/18/05 08:57 AM
MissyB

Reged: 07/22/04

Congratulations! You totally are amazing!

That rocks! new
      #170823 - 04/18/05 09:03 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Congratulations! What an awesome moment, indeed!

a question re pain new
      #170832 - 04/18/05 09:15 AM
mrsfudd

Reged: 03/28/05
Loc: BC Canada

Hi..I am new, have had ibs symptoms off and on for years, have been on many antidepressants, but have been fine and drug free for 15 years. Now I have ibs symptoms big time AND diverticulosis...I would like to compare quality of pain. Zelnorm has helped greatly but have now a recurrence of pain and trying to determine if its is ibs or divert. Do any of you have pain in lower left quadrant due to ibs. I am so happy to find you and the diet and the GOLD of Heathers research and all of your input...Thank you! ps If iam not posting correctly, please let me know..

--------------------
IBS formally years. I wish 1'd found soon

Re: a question re pain new
      #170833 - 04/18/05 09:17 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

*Perfect* post!

I've had pain there many times. However, any major change in symptoms should be checked out by your GI just to make sure nothing new is going on. Better safe than sorry!

Wowee! new
      #170834 - 04/18/05 09:18 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That must have been such an ego boost! Yay for this diet.

Re: a question re pain new
      #170837 - 04/18/05 09:28 AM
mrsfudd

Reged: 03/28/05
Loc: BC Canada

Now, THATS a quick reply...thank you, Linz..yes, I am in touch with doctors, but they seem to be confused also...am trying to get my own info as well. I have begun Michael Mahoneys tapes...sure helps to have him in my life!
I have also lost weight, practising the ibs diet...40 lbs..and when no pain, I am overjoyed....gluten-free rice bread and noodles are new and am wondering if they are related to pain

--------------------
IBS formally years. I wish 1'd found soon

You mean pain like someone took a car key and ... new
      #170844 - 04/18/05 09:47 AM
MissyB

Reged: 07/22/04

jabbed in in and twists it around and around?
If yes, than, yes I get that! LOL Fortunately it doesn't last too long. I also get it on the lower right and occaisionally the upper right and left as well, but less often than lower.. I saw the GI Dr last week and told him about it, and he agrees it's most likely IBS. He said considering all my other tests he did were OK, it's not worth putting me through all them again so soon unless it really persists or gets unbearable, I agreed..

I think Linz had worse symptoms with a GF diet new
      #170879 - 04/18/05 11:22 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

hat are the ingredients in the bread? It should be pretty safe,I would think, unless it contains dairy or is high fat. Most of the GF breads tend to contain dairy and some can be up to 6 or 8 grams of fat per slice, depending on the brand. What brand are you eating? Read the label for fat content and ingredients for whey, milk, lactose, dry milk solids, etc.

The noodles should be fine! Many non GF folks eat these as they are just rice flout and water. Very safe.

Are you eating any other GF foods that may be trickier, like millet or buckwheat? Those could be a problem as they are more IF.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 450 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1801

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review