All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Can anyone go to these programs? new
      #171425 - 04/19/05 11:04 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Or do you need to be seen at Mayo first?

I am in contact with a Physical Therapist nearby who treats Pelvic Floor dysfunction. I will hopefully be trying this soon. And part of it will be covered by insurance. I will go into debt for any relief for this!

Unfortunately, there are no guarentees that it will work, as there are other things going on that contribute to my pain and constipation.

Have you thought about just finding a Physical therapist in your area that treats pelvic floor dysfunction. I could give you the name of someone who might know of people in your area.

What is the Pain Rehabilition Program? Are these two separate programs? Please post info or send me an email at deerbeth@yahoo.com. I am very interested in this Alisa. Thank you so much!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Maybe it's "somewhere over the rainbow...."-nt new
      #171426 - 04/19/05 11:05 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Can anyone go to these programs? new
      #172618 - 04/22/05 08:53 AM
Alisa

Reged: 03/20/05
Loc: Appleton, Wisconsin

Hi Beth,

I believe you must be seen at MAYO first before being admitted into their pelvic floor retraining program. Yes, there are two separate programs - one for pelvic floor retraining and one for chronic pain management. They are quite expensive, and since insurance varies from provider to provider, I'm not sure how much is covered. I know that my family's insurance does not cover much of the cost. I do know of a pain center in Neenah, WI, which is about a fifteen minute drive from where I live. I'm going to get a referral from my OBGYN next week to visit that pain clinic. They have a nutritionist, physical therapist, psychiatrist, and other doctors on staff, so it seems like a great collaboration for people in pain like us. I'll email you about the MAYO programs.

I hope you are feeling better - I'm doing much better this week, although I'm having trouble with nausea.

-Alisa

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2443 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1855

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review