All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chain restaraunts, eating out, buying food
      #170366 - 04/16/05 02:12 PM
Volatile

Reged: 03/08/05

I looked at Heather's list, it doesn't look like they are many options on where and what to eat, I wanted to know if I could more information on what restaraunts and foods I can buy and eat having Irritable Bowel Syndrome that can control my symptoms.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chain restaraunts, eating out, buying food new
      #170371 - 04/16/05 02:21 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Take a look at Heather's cheat sheet. It comes in handy at the grocery store for me. Fish, so long as it's not fried, is pretty safe.

#170374 - 04/16/05 02:38 PM
Volatile

What about having Taco's with chicken or Turkey meat and salsa, or Burrito's with Chicken or Turkey meat, lettace, and salsa? That would have solubale fiber, white flour or corn flour, to balance the insoulable fiber lettace it has in it.
How about a wrap, white flour, with Chicken or Turkey, lettace, and light itlian dressing or vinegar?

#170405 - 04/16/05 07:26 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I was also having problems figuring out where to go eat with friends. I didn't want to be left out! What places do you and your friends like to go out to eat? What do you usually order? Maybe if you list those chain restaurants and meals, we could help you figure out what's safe to eat.

#170438 - 04/16/05 08:30 PM
Volatile

Sandwich places, Outback, Chilles, Macaroni Grille, Cheesecake factory, Chinese, pizza.

#170453 - 04/16/05 08:52 PM
lalala

There have been a lot of discussions about these restaurants. People have even emailed the companies asking about their ingredients. Many of these chains even have their menus online so you can figure out something safe to eat before you go there. I went ahead and did a search for you, but you should be able to find much more information here!

Chili's

Sand lists various posts about restaurants

Asian food

#170460 - 04/16/05 09:00 PM
Volatile

Thanks, what about stir fry. The cafeteria has a lot of this. Is it alright for me to have that.

#170465 - 04/16/05 09:06 PM
lalala

There was just a discussion on this yesterday! You should be able to find it by going back a few pages or doing a search. As long as there's not a lot of fat, you should do fine. Chicken, tofu, and shrimp would be fine. As for veggies, that was part of the discussion. I can tolerate mushrooms, carrots, water chestnuts, baby corn... Again, it can vary person to person.

Volatile, are you having trouble ... new
      #170556 - 04/17/05 08:18 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

finding the replies to your questions? If you lose your posts, you can click on your Board name in any thread or from the main Board page and it will take you to a summary page about yourself. At the bottom of that you'll find a way to view all your own posts.

Here's one I posted for you yesterday when you asked about what restaurants you could eat at:

Restaurant search

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1523

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review