All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Should I be concerned that I haven't had a colonoscopy yet new
      #170878 - 04/18/05 11:21 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

They are not essential, especially if you have had relatively unchanging symptoms for a long time. How long have you been suffering?

However, it is a great way to rule some stuff out and just generally check up on what's going on in there. If you're at all concerned, then ask to be referred for one...or just mention it when you go back after the two months.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Should I be concerned that I haven't had a colonoscopy yet new
      #170885 - 04/18/05 11:38 AM
MikeE

Reged: 03/31/05
Loc: Seattle, WA

I thought that in order to get an "official" diagnosis of IBS you had to have gotten a colonoscopy and had other things ruled out.

I can't remember the name, but it was something like "Rome" something er something. Oh, I think it was Criteria. ???

Anyone know for sure?

Mike

PS. If I relied on everything but a colonoscopy AND a biopsy I wouldn't have found out I have Lymphocytic Colitis.

Thanks Mike new
      #171005 - 04/18/05 05:23 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

I am going to follow up with my doctor and find out if that is true. I am guessing since we did an ultrasound a few months ago to rule out cysts and other gyn problems, that might be why she ordered all the tests and skipped the colonoscopy. I have been having problems over the past year but the last few months have been the worst since I took on more responsibility at work (more stress, but better pay) and then wound up with stomach flu which made the IBS symptoms more and more bothersome. At least I feel better informed now when I call her. Thanks again for the advice.

Michelle

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 970 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2409

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review