All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
For Heather GF eating
      #169687 - 04/13/05 04:26 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Gotta make this quick cause I still haven't finished unpacking (been running errands, laundry, etc. ALL day no stopping!)

I eat egg whites with veggies. I eat guacamole with rice crackers. Brown rice and brown rice pasta. Salads. Fruit. Tomato juice (I'm soooo thankful I can have tomatoes again!) A baked potato with steamed veggies. Imagine Soups (check for the GF guarantee on the box...most are GF bu not all!)

I'm still figring out what I can/can't have. I'd be happy to tell ya more as I figure more out.

Sorry so short.....if this isn't enough let me know and I'll def. keep thinking if I left anything out! *big hugs*

Feel good

Love, Ruchie

P.S. I would e-mail you...but I have OVER 500 e-mails from while we were away and I prob won't get to them until after Passover, which means I'll have even more (Passover ends May 2nd I think)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks Ruchie new
      #169720 - 04/13/05 06:33 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

That did help. Do you find it hard to follow the diet for GF eating and the IBS diet. I am realy wondering of GF might help me with all of this crap!!!
Hope you have nice passover!!
HUGS
Heather

--------------------
Heather7476

Heather..... new
      #169742 - 04/13/05 09:39 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I have a lot of GF recipies. If you ever want them (there's breads, rolls, bikkies, main meals, snacks, cakes all sorts of stuff) just let me know. I went GF in the past thinking it might solve some of my tummy issues so I have a heap of cookbooks from then. Let me know if I can help!

--------------------
Amy

Re: Thanks Ruchie new
      #169752 - 04/13/05 10:53 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Heather!

I don't follow Heather's diet strictly. I eat IF at times without SF 1st as I can tolerate it. I also eat dairy every now and then. I find it challenging to eat the way I do (Kosher included!) when I go to friend's houses. At home I am usually ok. I call companies often to make sure the food is GF (for ex. I called Hunt's to verify that their to. sauce is GF). But it is Sooooo worth it to me...I don't mind the inconvenience too much.

I think you can do it. And we're all here to help. just curious tho...why do you think going GF might hwlp you? I def. don't want you to take this diet on for no good reason!!!!

Sending you lotsa love and clarity *hugs* Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

welcome back RUchie.. and good luck heather new
      #169785 - 04/14/05 05:56 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I ope everythng works well for both of you.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Amie, thanks! You're so sweet! n-t new
      #169794 - 04/14/05 06:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Gluten intolerance new
      #169829 - 04/14/05 08:30 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

If someone is Gluten Intolerant, what would the symptoms be?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Ruchie new
      #169864 - 04/14/05 09:37 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I said something on the othe message board I go to for the VV that I had IBS VV and now fibro. I am telling you like ten women said to get tested for Gulten. They said that lots of women have found alot of relief from all three by going GF! so it is something I am looking into. I feel like there is so much maybe this will help maybe this will crap out there that I am going to lose my mind but hey changing my diet for awhile isn't goning to hurt me or make it worse so I REALY thinking about giving this a shot!
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Gluten intolerance new
      #169865 - 04/14/05 09:40 AM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Michele!!

An awful lot like IBS and then some...

C OR D, depression, ADD, brain fog, thyroid probs, bloating, gas, fatigue, fibro, malobsorption....there's TONS! Check out celiac.com for more on this....

Symptoms tend to go together for many different things. For ex., a persom might have all the IBS symptoms and hypothyroid and that's truly all they have. Another person might have celiac and it is causing the symptoms and presence of the other disorders (if I understand my research correcty!) So...... if you haven't been tested it's worth a shot.

Hope I helped...if this is confusing let me know...and put a red flag out for Kandee the celiac expert!

Love ya.....

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Heather..... new
      #169872 - 04/14/05 10:00 AM
trapley

Reged: 03/16/05
Loc: Miami, FLorida

HI Ms. Trouble,
I am switching my diet to Gluten Free and I would love to try some of your recipes. Are they posted on the recipe exchange

--------------------
Keep Smiling

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1324 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1662

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review