All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Safe things to drink?
      #169359 - 04/12/05 03:58 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Okay, I love my water & herbal tea & smoothies and the occasional glass of straight soy milk and one of these days, I'll look for rice drinks Heather recommends one of these days, too. But what else is safe to drink?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Safe things to drink? new
      #169370 - 04/12/05 05:10 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I like herbal iced teas (mix and match different flavors, you can come up with all kinds of combos), or cranberry juice (100% juice) that I mix with a packed of stevia and dilute with water. Heather has some great looking drinks (strawberry daiquiri and lemonades) that I still haven't tried.

#169435 - 04/13/05 04:12 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I have apple and mago juice occasionally and can tolerate that...the mango makes it alot safer than straight apple.

Or choc/strawberry soy milk. Or decaf black tea or Rooibos with soy milk (I'm a Brit...I have to have my cuppa! ).

#170717 - 04/17/05 10:11 PM
Volatile

Reged: 03/08/05

It's be good if there was a store that specilized in selling premade foods and drinks, because I can't commit this much to making my own food.

we don't really ahve a choice. new
      #170949 - 04/18/05 02:38 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I hate to cook and have no idea how to, but I have to whether wi want to or not. Sad but true, it's part of the syndrome. If you want to get better, you have to start taking responsibility.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Choc almond milk new
      #170956 - 04/18/05 02:52 PM
Dia

Reged: 02/04/05
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I just recently discoved chocolate almond milk. It's supper yummy!

--Myra

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: we don't really ahve a choice. new
      #171022 - 04/18/05 06:26 PM
Volatile

Reged: 03/08/05

Are there any drinks, such as lemonade, you can buy at stores or restaraunts, or are those all a no with that.

Safe Beverages new
      #171036 - 04/18/05 06:50 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I've tried almond milk--it is SMOOTH! I like the Vanilla best, and I love mixing it with Rooibos teas.

Honestly, I love teas and every week or two I stumble across something new and interesting to try--a kind of beverage treat. Personally, I don't have much of a problem with club soda and often mix it with fresh lemon or lime juice.

I discovered a neat new tea last week. Camomile Vanilla. It's made by President's Choice. A refreshing twist on Camomile Tea. Yogi Tea is another neat tea company. I love their Ginger Tea and their Stomach Ease.

I find soy milk hard to drink straight up, personally. I'm thinking of getting a juicer. I seem to tolerate fresh raw juices well when I'm stable--which is not today, so I'm sticking to good old fashioned bottle water and tummy teas.

Volatile .... new
      #171244 - 04/19/05 03:43 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...PLEASE read the diet guidelines again.

Lemonade contains HFCS (usually), sometimes artificial sweeteners, is carbonated AND acidic...ALL triggers.

The only things I've found to drink out apart from water with no ice are herbal teas (you'd be surprised how many places do them now - Starbucks has a good selection of mixes) and Apple and Mango J20s - but they're probably not great for people pre-stabilisation as apple juice is a problem. Smoothies can be great...just go for ones with lots of SF fruit and little acid.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3417 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1240

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review