All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Fennel Rooibos Rules!!!
      #169174 - 04/12/05 07:55 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I found a great new tea--Fennel Rooibos (Intaba Teas of Africa)--it's delicious and SO SOOTHING, gut calming. I got curious re: Rooibos tea and found out a million neat things about it. Did you know that it was given to infants with colic? Wow. It's supposed to have anti-spasmodic properties, too. No caffeine. No tannins. Not to mention high levels of SOD (Super Oxide Dismutase), and AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid), so it's great for your skin too. I think, though, personally it tastes delightful and is just plain soothing for the tummy and the nerves. The fennel addition makes it even more so. I just thought I'd share this neat find that I've been thoroughly enjoying.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sound wonderful, where did you buy it?-nt new
      #169177 - 04/12/05 08:08 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Sound wonderful, where did you buy it?-nt new
      #169263 - 04/12/05 12:10 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm Canadian, and bought it at a local "Sobey's" store. The company, is INTABA TEAS OF AFRICA. They have many flavours of ROOIBOS, one of which is fennel. Ingredients: red rooibos tea and fennel.

right on, that's Great to hear... new
      #169285 - 04/12/05 01:01 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm a big fan of rooibis chai, it's yummy, and I got it at a tea store here in Edmonton. I'm really into the funky teas now that I can't have coffee.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Sound wonderful, where did you buy it? new
      #169363 - 04/12/05 04:12 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Must be a trend. I just bought some plain Rooibos Tea at Whole Foods, based on Linz recommending it to someone else. I liked it a lot. It's sort of like English Breakfast tea (or at least that's what we call it here in the States ). The brand I bought was Ombili - it claims to be low in tannin, not entirely tannin-free, but still no caffeine. Yay!

I would have sworn I'd never seen it before, but once I bought some, I saw about a half-dozen types of it at Kings, which is a local supermarket (no Rooibos/Fennel blends, but I figure I can throw my own fennel seeds in there). I did see a Rooibos/Lavender blend at a local health food store. I've also seen Rooibos referred to as "Redbush". If none of your local markets carry it, you can do a Google search - I've seen it sold on-line, too (but I just hate to pay shipping!).

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Sound wonderful, where did you buy it? new
      #169369 - 04/12/05 05:06 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Sand, what a great idea! I love, love, LOVE Rooibos tea. I hate the taste of fennel and have to camouflage it with peppermint. But I'll try mixing it with rooibus like you suggested. Thanks so much!

And thanks Wind for letting us know!

I hate fennel tea, too, so ... new
      #169395 - 04/12/05 08:27 PM
Sand

I'm excited about trying it mixed with the Rooibos. I'm willing to try almost anything to get it down. Like you, I can drink fennel mixed with peppermint, but I'm off peppermint until we're all sure I don't have GERD.

Here's another idea I got from one of Linz' posts - she mixes fennel with lavender and chamomile. I haven't yet been able to find either a plain lavender tea or a lavender/chamomile blend tea. Someone posted that Traditional Medicinals makes a yummy one, but my local Whole Foods carries - I swear - every single Traditional Medicinal flavor EXCEPT chamomile and lavender. Still looking.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: I hate fennel tea, too, so ... new
      #172961 - 04/23/05 01:42 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Well, I'm just now finally trying the rooibos/fennel mix. YUM YUM!!! I have to admit, the rooibos I'm using is a blend. It's Rainbow Rooibos Tisane that I got when I was in Seattle. The amaretto flavor goes great with the fennel! May have to get more of this to get the fennel down. I've gotten sick of the taste of it in my peppermint tea.

Have you tried asking Whole Foods if they'll order the Traditional Medicinals lavender/chamo for you? I had a lavendar tea once...I can't remember where I got it from though. I think it may have been from the Vegas Fall Sprawl? It was really good though.

Re: I hate fennel tea, too, so ... new
      #172971 - 04/23/05 02:11 PM
Sand

Oh, yum, I love Amaretto, so thanks for the Website - I'll have to give your tea a try. Now if only someone would come up with one that tastes like Drambuie and one that tastes like B&B, I'd be all set.

As for ordering the Traditional Medicinals, I found a health food store about 5 minutes from here that carries some of their teas and will order the others for me. They also have a larger sister store about a half hour away that usually has it in stock - and may have some other goodies I've been looking for - so I'm going to make the trek there soon.

--------------------

Thanks for the info new
      #172976 - 04/23/05 02:27 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I had some the other day when I arrived way too early for an interview. I was nervous so I thought I'd sit and have a cup of tea at a cafe. They didn't have peppermint, just a lot of exotic things. I went for the Rooibos, even though I was pretty sure it wasn't safe (I can usually get away with a little real tea, like Lipton, so I risked it). It was very yummy. Now that I know it's safe, I'll buy lots!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1085 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5702

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review