All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Today is my anniversary! (of being on the diet)
      #169022 - 04/11/05 03:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I started on the diet on April 11 last year. Honestly I wasn't good at it at first; when I started to ask questions here I started to get the hang of it. My progress: I think if my sister hadn't had a marriage out of the blue last Sept. and if I hadn't been put on prednisone in Nov. it would have been smooth sailing. I still have bouts of bloat but C and D is almost non-existent. feeling great! Thanks Heather!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Congratulations! new
      #169070 - 04/11/05 06:59 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I still hope to get where you are someday. Congrats and keep on feelin' good!

Re: Today is my anniversary! new
      #169145 - 04/12/05 06:17 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Congrats!!!!!

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Re: Today is my anniversary! (of being on the diet) new
      #305372 - 04/18/07 06:58 PM
Little Minnie

I just wanted to say that two days ago (oops) was my three year anniversary of Eating For IBS.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#305375 - 04/18/07 07:36 PM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

Congratulations, if it weren't for people like you and all your good advice, I would be depressed & defeated. Thank you to all of the people who are here on the boards to help others!

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

#305391 - 04/18/07 11:28 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

congrats!!!!
i wish you many more months of feeling good.
thanks for your posts and help.

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

#305426 - 04/19/07 12:18 PM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

That is fantastic. Could you give me any tips on how you remembered and got into the habit of eating on the ibs diet please?
I tend to forget a lot of the time and I suffer so much atm.

Any tips would be fab thank you.
Niki
xxx

#305567 - 04/20/07 07:04 PM
Little Minnie

Hmm pretty much every second of my life I am aware of having IBS. I am very proactive and always thinking about myself and my symptoms. Not that this is good, but it is the way it is. So I always remember to think about the diet. I do sometimes sneak little bits of things. One week when I was seeing how I felt off wheat, I forgot at times and had cookie samples at work- then said 'duh those have wheat!' It is hard to always have something safe to eat especially when going out or the worst is at someone else's house. But once you equate your pain with what bad things you ate you get an autmatic response telling you to avoid those things. Then over time you figure out what is best to eat and order. Also you start carrying safe snacks all the time. I stash Luna bars in my purse and car and bike bag. I have pretzels in my desk at work. But everyone is different as to their daily diet. There are a lot of choices so that is personal. Anyway the worse you feel the more you remember it!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6737 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1083

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review