All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
My family does judge me! new
      #168871 - 04/11/05 09:08 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

They all believe that I am "making this IBS stuff" up in order to remain focused on food and not eating what they eat (meat, mashed potatoes with milk and gravy, fried foods, fattening desserts, etc).

They will never accept the fact that I am over my eating disorder because they see that I still avoid butter and all the other foods that I once shunned when I had my Eating Disorder. It is not fair. And to be honest, I feel sort of cheated that I don't get the credit for overcoming such a difficult and severe condition. It saddens me that my family still judges me and is so misconstrued about the truth. I will to my grave with the label of the "eating disordered" family member which is not fair and not true.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

PS new
      #168873 - 04/11/05 09:12 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

My mom I think does believe me, as she has seen the weight come on. But I think she somehow believes that I deserve the pain I now feel everyday because she still feels I chose to have the eating disorder. That is another misconception. None of us chose that life. We fell into it.

I even had one GI doc who to this day believes that all of my GI complaints are made up in order to remain food focused. Needless to say, I fired him.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: My family does judge me! new
      #178924 - 05/13/05 10:46 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey augie--
i just saw this and thought to immediately reply! i know just how you feel!! i went to my OB/GYN doc a few days ago and when explaining my IBS trouble and distress she actually recommended me to a social worker in the pschiatric dept.of my medical facility for further treatment for depression and my apparent eating disorder i felt so sad b/c that is really the reason why i never talk about this--b/c its always misunderstood as anorexia. even when i explain my vegan principles its STILL wrong to them! anyways, i wanted you to know you wont go to your grave with that label b/c its obvious to me that thats how the world is starting to think. *HUGS* little bear

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 642 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7315

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review