All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bleh....need some IBS people related support.....
      #168213 - 04/08/05 01:54 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I've been naughty and eaten too much wheat, and a little bit of sugar and now I feel gross again. This morning I woke up feeling yucky, fat and horrible. I've come into work this morning in such a bad mood and all I want too do is go back to bed and hide under the covers.

I know I've only got myself to blame, but I am SO fed up of eating cardboard!!!!! My diet consists of really bland horrible food and I don't think I can cope anymore....if I do cheat a little bit I end up feeling like this, I'm spaced right out and am sure I'm going to get things wrong today.

When will this end? Will it ever end? Am I ever going to have a normal digestive system again?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH - thanks for listening xx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Spices, my dear... spices.... new
      #168214 - 04/08/05 02:17 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I agree, you have to get out of the "bland, horrible food" stage, but do it in ways that agree with you. I don't know how much you play around with things like spices, sauces, and marinades, but they can be a lifesaver.

I wish I had better advice, but all you can really do is hang in there and experiment a little more without cheating... I know it's frustrating, I think we all know how THAT feels.

*hugs*

Yeah do this! new
      #168235 - 04/08/05 05:36 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Along as they're not too hot, they should be fine with the GERDs. I chuck loads of herbs into EVERYTHING...you need more with low fat foods anyway.

Re: Yeah do this! new
      #168321 - 04/08/05 11:55 AM
nikjones_uk

Thanks guys, the candida diet basically says no to lots of sauces due to their sugar content, and again with herbs because they are dried they contain some amounts of mould - which should be avoided. I do throw mixed herbs over chicken and also lemon juice and spices I don't tolerate that well. But I will look into it because I'm desparate to stop feeling so bloody wretched....thanks again xx

I could use some flavor! new
      #168327 - 04/08/05 12:11 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

How well do you tolerate garlic? I find I can handle one clove of garlic or garlic salt with chicken or rice. (What would I do without my garlic salt?! ) I can also tolerate a couple of bay leaves for flavoring in soups or with boiled potatoes. Fresh herbs are easier on me than dried, like parsley, cilantro, and basil. I recently found vegan soy parmesan (which is also available as rice parmesan)--it's not great, but it's nice to have something safe to add to bland meals.

ME TOO!! new
      #168333 - 04/08/05 12:32 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i know *exactly* what youre talking about!! i just realized that for about 1 week i ate ONLY different breads, oatmeal and apples--if there were any. when i eat only that, of course im more tempted by foods that will trigger. later-on i feel gross too--fat and yucky. in the end i know that i too am to blame~just wanted to let yah know youre not alone!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: Bleh....need some IBS people related support..... new
      #168356 - 04/08/05 01:40 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I fully understand how you are feeling. I felt the same way and was becoming very depressed about it.

With the help of everyone on this board, I picked myself up and started over.

I followed Heathers diet, added more insoluble fiber to my diet, exercised 5 days a week, took my SFS twice daily (Acacia) and slowly but surely, I started to feel better.

As time passed, I started having 1-2 bms per day. My energy level increased and my boss whom I think was "satan's son" quit his job!!! Things really began to get great then.

My bloating is mild; sometimes I don't even have it, gas is not nearly as bad and does not "smell" all the time as before. I think my boss, "Mr. Stress" was aggrevating my IBS and when he left, the stress left with him and left me feeling much better.

I know it is hard, I have been there. You can do it, one day at a time.

I had used all my sick leave becauseI just feel fat, farty and did not like myself very much.

It has been 8 months for me and I have been symptom free. I know I still have IBS, but I feel more in control with diet, SFS, exercise, tons of water and as little stress as possible.

You can make your self better, go for it you will not regret it.

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

I feel for you ...I'm so sorry you're going through this... new
      #168374 - 04/08/05 03:48 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I feel that way every time I see someone eating dairy. I used to LOVE dairy food and I get so frustrated about things like pizza... oh wait... sorry... I'm supposed to be comforting you ... not complaining

HUGS. One of the things that help me deal with my frustration over boring food is that I decided to focus on new hobbies. So cheese has been replaced by scrap booking. If DH wants to go to a fancy resturaunt, as I "enjoy" my baked potato I decide that the price of the meal I wanted to order can go towards a shopping spree at the craft shop.

Hope this helps.
BTW food does not have to be boring on this diet. Check the recipe exchange. There are alot of GF recipes that are quite tasty. Also, check out yor local helath food store and talk to a sales person. I'm constantly asking questions of the paople at Wild Oats and they are always happy to help.

Lots of luck. Feel better soon.

Chany

Do it to myself all the time! new
      #168423 - 04/08/05 08:14 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I eat cardboard for weeks then bam, whack in a chockie bar or something and spend weeks suffering for it
I wish and wish and wish they'd find something that would allow us to eat normally and not have to think about food 24/7. The worst thing is when I'm eating cardboard I dream about eating yummy food! So so so sad!
Big hugs. Hang in there, your tummy will get better.

--------------------
Amy

Flavor... new
      #168439 - 04/08/05 11:34 PM
nikjones_uk

The last time I had garlic it did give me a bit of wind and I was burping it up for days!! haha, but it might have been because we used too much? I really want to try it again because I love the taste, so I might, but do it in a smaller amount!!

Glad I'm not the only one :) new
      #168440 - 04/08/05 11:36 PM
nikjones_uk

Its sooo depressing, and when I eat the "cardboard" I end up seeing adverts on the TV for chocolate bars! argh! I know that once I stop eating sugar for a couple of weeks the cravings do go away, because I did it before, but at the moment I just WANT CHOCOLATE!! haha - thanks for your support it is SO appreciated xx

Re: Flavor... new
      #168514 - 04/09/05 11:30 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Or try using whole (crushed but not cut into pieces) cloves in a dish and not actually eating them at first.

I'd get LOTS of fresh herbs from the supermarket and use loads. Could you have something like a honey and mustard glaze?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3971 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1059

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review