Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fybogel Mebeverine
      #167819 - 04/07/05 01:09 AM
AngelStar

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: UK

Hello

My name is Angel and I live in the UK. I was wondering if anyone has heard of Fybogel Mebeverine and if anyone has used it. I have been taking Fybogel for almost two months now and was doing a search when I came across Fybogel Mebeverine.

Thank you for your time

Love and Light
Angel

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fybogel Mebeverine new
      #167820 - 04/07/05 01:20 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Haven't heard of Fybogel Mebeverine, but I used to take Mebeverine on its own (as a product called colece). The mebeverine I took was an antispasmodic.

Is this along the lines of what you're thinking of?

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Yeah I haven't heard of that either! new
      #167826 - 04/07/05 01:59 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Mebeverine is an antispasmodic (didn't agree with me, but everyone's different). Fybogel is a SFS that is NOT recommended!!! It's psyllium based to start and that's notorious for causing gas and bloating (tho it can be more useful against C) but it's also chocka with artificial sweeteners AND is disgusting! Do NOT go there. If you want to try psyllium ask at your HFS...I know mine has a selection of psyllium powders WITHOUT all the triggers.

Re: Yeah I haven't heard of that either! new
      #167830 - 04/07/05 03:55 AM
AngelStar

Quote:

Mebeverine is an antispasmodic (didn't agree with me, but everyone's different). Fybogel is a SFS that is NOT recommended!!! It's psyllium based to start and that's notorious for causing gas and bloating (tho it can be more useful against C) but it's also chocka with artificial sweeteners AND is disgusting! Do NOT go there. If you want to try psyllium ask at your HFS...I know mine has a selection of psyllium powders WITHOUT all the triggers.

Hi

I have been taking fybogel for the past month or so and so far I haven't had any problems with it. Should I stop it and try something else and so what? I am confused now ... LOL! I don't like the idea of an antispasmodic as I want to take something that will help but not mess up my system in the long run, hence why I am confused.

Thank you all for your help.

Love and Light
Angel

#167833 - 04/07/05 04:22 AM
AngelStar

Me again ... LOL

I just read on my package of Fybogel orange and it says that it contains ispaghula husk B.P. and that it is sugar and gluten free ... so is this good or bad????

Thanks again
Angel

#167837 - 04/07/05 04:35 AM
Linz

Oh that's it! It's still contains sweeteners -or at least it did when I took it. I found it helpful, but it caused me gas and bloating and I've done better on Acacia. But if you like it, then stick with it.

Anti-spasmodics will not muck up your system long term. They should be taken under doctor supervision tho.

#167883 - 04/07/05 07:56 AM
AngelStar

Thank you Linz for your reply

Just to make sure that I am understanding all of this ... fybogel and the others are not laxatives ... right? All that I have read today seem to say that they are ... my biggest concern is that I take this too often and my system gets 'hooked' on it. Thank you again for taking the time to listen to me

SFSs... new
      #168200 - 04/08/05 12:43 AM
Linz

...are NOT laxatives. They are often marketed as such, but they work against both C and D. Plus, as they have no stimulant effect, you can't get hooked on them...you might feel dependent on them but that's cos they're so great!

Here is Heather's page on them...she explains it quite well!

Re: SFSs... new
      #168203 - 04/08/05 12:48 AM
AngelStar

Thank you so very much and sorry if I am being a pain with all of this. I am still trying to get the hang of things as I was told a few years ago that I had IBS but the doctor never told me anything else ... just that I had it. My IBS kicked back in a few months ago as I am under loads of stress and have done everything that I can think of to help with the stress but nothing seems to be working. I am sure that I will run across something soon ... something that doesnt have me taking pills for it. Any way I am rambling now ... lol. Thank you again for your help.

S'ok! new
      #168204 - 04/08/05 12:49 AM
Linz

It's not a problem at all...just hoping to help!

SFSs really are great. I didn't like Fybogel at all, but even that helped me so much.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4829 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5684

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review