All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Normafibe. Its a miracle!!
      #167780 - 04/06/05 09:14 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

I've been taking normafibe for a couple of days now and have been having the most amazing BMs!!! Raaayyy!! Its a miracle! I didn't think I'd find an SFS that agreed with me!!

A BIG thank you to Bev who recommended the product. Its been a godsend.

For anyone interested, I bought it in my local chemist, it was pretty cheap, its taken as granules with a glass of water, its made in France so should be available worldwide?, and it WORKS A TREAT!

Ray, I love good BM days, esp when they're every day!

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I've been thinking I should try it.... new
      #167782 - 04/06/05 09:26 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Don't know how it will go with me being a D but it's worth a try! Like you I've given up on any SFS agreeing with my system. Right off to the chemist.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Normafibe. Its a miracle!! new
      #167787 - 04/06/05 09:59 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I have not heard of this product. I have not been able to post on the boards lately, so it looks like I have missed this. I am going to look for it tomorrow, sure hope I can find it, there is not one SFS that agrees with my body. I am feeling quite sick at the moment, I need something to help me, maybe this will do the trick. Thanks!

I hope it works for both of you!! new
      #167791 - 04/06/05 10:44 PM
Taylahmai

It really hit the spot with me, but yes I am a C so not sure what it would do for those with D, but I imagine it would be fine? The reason it worked so well so quickly is because I started with the recommended does of 1 metric teaspoon (as opposed to starting off reeeaallly slowly with 1/4 tsp) and because it doesn't cause bloating and gas like other SFS's, I had no side effects!

I'd be very interested to hear if you have any success. I guess its just trial and error, thank goodness something went right for me for a change!

--------------------

Looks safe.. new
      #167792 - 04/06/05 11:10 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Hi Chrissy, I'm so glad you found something that works for you. Upon looking it up it contains sterculia which is also found in the product Normacol, and it looks safe for both C's and D's.
I'm not sure it's available in the USA, unless thru mail order. It appears to act much like pure psyllium does.
Keep us posted!

Kandee

--------------------

Yay.... new
      #167800 - 04/07/05 12:31 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

its about time you found something that works! Well done!! xx I may look into it too..!! x

Re: Yay.... new
      #167822 - 04/07/05 01:32 AM
Taylahmai

Yaaaayyy, tell me about it Nik!! Was the acacia no good for you?

--------------------

Re: Normafibe. Its a miracle!! new
      #178935 - 05/14/05 05:00 AM
beyondform

Reged: 02/08/05
Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

I just picked up a brochure from the chemist that highlights some facts about Normafibe, yet also includes some of the more 'traditional' advice regarding fibres. Here are some excerpts:

'If you have IBS, the difference between soluble and insoluble fibre may be relevant. Soluble fibre is broken down by bacterial enzymes to produce gas, whereas insoluble fibre resists breakdown. Insoluble fibre tends to absorb more water creating extra bulk, increasing the rate bowel contents move through. While both kinds of fibre are important, a sudden increase of soluble fibre could produce a painful and embarrasing increase in "wind".'

'NORMAFIBE is as natural as the source of its main ingredient, sterculia fibre from the beautiful Sterculia Urens tree of central India.'

Oh, and some very interesting facts on Sterculia from encyclopedia.com:

'common name for some members of the Sterculiaceae, a family of herbs, shrubs, and trees of tropical and subtropical regions. The most important members of the family are the cacao , source of cocoa and chocolate, and the cola , the caffeine-rich seeds of which are used commercially in soft drinks and medicines. Karaya, or Indian gum, from S. urens, is an inexpensive substitute for tragacanth. The family also includes several species cultivated as ornamentals, e.g., the flannel bush in the United States, the kurrajong in Australia, and the Chinese parasol tree. Sterculia is classified in the division Magnoliophyta , class Magnoliopsida, order Malvales.'

Wonder if there's any caffeine in there?!?

BTW, I have only just started taking Normafibe. Hope it helps!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5014

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review