All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gluten Free diet.. ..tried it?
      #167431 - 04/05/05 11:13 PM
MissyB

Reged: 07/22/04

Hey,
I wondered if any of you have tried a gluten free diet? My GP has been urging me to try it almost a year now, he does not eat them either.. But I tested negative for celiac disease and thought it would do me no good. This last visit he asked me again to try it for just 6 weeks, even though he retested me for celiac (neg), he says that some people with intestinal issues just respond well to a gluten free diet. So, I've been on it for a week now and don't remember the last time I was so stable! I did as he suggested and did a gluten free diet search to get the details...it's not too hard to follow..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yeah you can be gluten intolerant... new
      #167451 - 04/06/05 03:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...without having celiac...it's like any food intolerance (eg. lactose intolerance) rather than an IBD but of course the diet still benefits you! Def. one everyone should consider if pasta and bread doesn't help...I did the 6 week exclusion diet and just got bored, not better, so I know I'm not.

Re: Yeah you can be gluten intolerant... new
      #167472 - 04/06/05 05:02 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I've done it and no help, but mom has Crohns and is gluten intollerant and several of her friends are celiac.. so it is possible and being gluten free has helped them all tremendously..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Lots of us are GF........ new
      #167778 - 04/06/05 09:02 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

........ do a board search and you'll find 100's of posts about people on a gluten free (GF) diet. Some have had results, others haven't. I'm not coeliac, but I am gluten intolerant. Going GF makes a huge difference for me, but I find the diet tough, expensive and restrictive. But if it means good health, its all worth it! I'm so pleased you've had good results. I've been GF for 8 months now, I couldn't imagine eating a piece of non GF bread or a bowl of non GF pasta anymore (urghhhh the pain!). I make my own GF bread, muffins, cakes and buy rice pasta. Its too easy, tastes just as good, if not better, but as I said very expensive and you can get caught out when not eating from home.

Nevertheless, congrats that you've had such great results, and good luck sticking with the GF diet

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: Gluten Free diet.. ..tried it? new
      #167781 - 04/06/05 09:16 PM
Leshabug

Reged: 04/05/05

Hello MissyB....I was wondering what testing do they do to rule out Celiac??? Thanks!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2684 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 597

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review