All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
1 YEAR IBS FREE!
      #167398 - 04/05/05 07:48 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

I haven't been on here in quite a while as many things have been happening in my life which has kept me off the computer. Just wanted to say that as the first of this month I have been IBS free for one year. I was like the rest of you, cramping & suffering for over 10 years. After being on the board & reading Heather's books I've found relief. I'm sure the IBS will always be with me but I'm determined to keep it "inactive". I can't say I do everything that is recommended but do what works for me. I still eat red meat but lots of soluable vegs, such as potatoes, carrots with a few other things thrown in but just couldn't hack the green veggies. I've stayed away from most insoluable fibers as I also have lots of scar tissue from previous surgeries & that combined with the IBS makes it the only way I can stay healthy. I had a colonoscopy & the doctor said I cramped the whole time but everything else was okay in there. The other biggest things to help me was to cut waaay down on fatty foods & to take Benefiber twice a day. Oh yes, giving up carbonated sodas. Best of luck to everyone here. I've had my days just wishing I was dead never thinking this day would come.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 1 YEAR IBS FREE! new
      #167403 - 04/05/05 08:25 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Congratulations, I hope someday I can post the same results!
Best of luck to you and thanks for the inspiration!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Congratulations! new
      #167505 - 04/06/05 07:33 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Good to see you again... especially when you have such great news to share!

Here's hoping that streak continues for another year... and another... and so on!

Re: 1 YEAR IBS FREE! new
      #167506 - 04/06/05 07:37 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment. Keep up the good work and you will make it to a year. I can't wait to say I have been attack free for a year. I am working on it 5 months and counting.

Once again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Take Care,

Michelle

--------------------
Michelle

What a great post! new
      #167594 - 04/06/05 11:08 AM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I started this diet back in October and since then I've also beein basicly attack free. The only attacks I've had have been mini attacks that never lasted very long.
It's great encouragement to read success stories like yours. Thanks for posting it.
Confession time: I also haven't totaly given up red meat, but I only eat a small amount of it at a time (like a half a hot dog or a tablespoon of manwich sauce on a bun) But those small amounts seem to be OK for me. I think giving up gum, soda, caffeen and dairy was what did it for me.
Congrads!
Chany

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2255 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review