All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Aloe Vera Tablets
      #166636 - 04/03/05 04:24 PM
Amari

Reged: 10/29/04

Hi all,

I am trying Aloe Vera Tablets as they are spoose to be good for the digestive system and help with IBS. At the moment things are going well. I have tried many other things and nothing has worked. Has anyone else tried Aloe Vera tablets?? And if so, what is the result???

Cheers,
Amari

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Aloe Vera Tablets new
      #166645 - 04/03/05 05:19 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Aloe vera is actually pretty bad for IBS - please look in the IBS Research Library (the link is near the top of the page) for more information about it.

Re: Aloe Vera Tablets new
      #166649 - 04/03/05 05:28 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I picked up some aloe juice, yesterday, and have been having a few doses to see if it eases my constipation/softens stool. So far, no trots. It has a kind of cooling sensation, and in a strange way relieves stress. Whether or not its worthwhile, a little time will tell.

I took it for AGES.... new
      #166717 - 04/03/05 10:02 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

but I got the inner leaf gel one which doesn't have the laxative effect. It made me feel better for a few months then I went back to normal. When I asked the naturopath at the store about it she said the body gets used to it so you really only need to take it on and off to get the good effects of it. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Amy

Re: I took it for AGES.... new
      #166728 - 04/04/05 01:39 AM
Amari

Reged: 10/29/04

Wow....they are advertising it for IBS....I still have the upset stomachs and I have been on it for a month now...I feel a little better as in health wise, so I feel generally weller, but I still have the stomach troubles. I can't seem to find anything that works. I have tried change of diet, all these different herbal medications...nothing seems to work at all. I do have a appiontment with a hypnotherapist on Thursday...I am hoping that will work....Thanks for the info all....

Amari

Yep, me too. new
      #166729 - 04/04/05 02:00 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Don't get me wrong. The aloe wasn't the answer to all my problems but it did help a lot. I'm not having any luck either. I'm starting an elimination diet at the moment in desperation, hoping I'll find out exactly what I'm intolerant to. Otherwise I'm living in total pain with D on and off, C in between and nothing is helping me. Haven't tried hypno yet. I hope it works for you. Good luck and let us know how you go.

--------------------
Amy

Be VERY careful with Aloe! new
      #166746 - 04/04/05 04:37 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

PLEASE look in the research library about this! It is NOT good for IBS.

And have you tried a combination of this diet, a good SFS and possibly also medications? That's what usually seems to work best!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1282

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review