All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Having a tough go of it............
      #16552 - 08/07/03 08:53 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I'm feeling yucky. Dunno why. I tried on some clothes yesterday that fit me two months ago, and they don't fit anymore. My tummy is too bloated and distended. I've been doing Pilates at least four days a week for the past few weeks or so. I don't have the gassy rumblings as much, but my tummy sticks out. I think I may need to start over with Heather's plan.

I think that I may be eating too much. I think that all dieters out there are being fooled by the diet supplement industry. All one needs to do is take a fiber supplement!!! Keeps you full for a long time!

Don't know the point of this post. I just wanted to put my feelings into words.

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having a tough go of it............ new
      #16559 - 08/07/03 09:01 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Aww Jules. I am sorry to hear about your bad time. I know how you feel about trying on clothes that used to fit...I am like, "What the heck happened?" Just keep up with your Pilates and maybe do a few days of Heather's suggestions on basic eating. I am sure that you will be back to your fun self before long! Feel better.

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#16571 - 08/07/03 10:24 AM
Ashley62

Loc: Eastern Ontario, Canada

Hi Jules - that is so strange! I was thinking the same thing this morning - tried on some clothes recently, but they are snug around the waist - seems to be my tummy too!
I know what you mean about eating too much - I think I've been following Heather's diet, but just eating too much! I'm not great at "dieting" but I exercise alot. I was also thinking I'll just start reducing my portion sizes - they can be misleading sometimes
I've been doing Pilates as well, I really enjoy it.

I agree with Christianne, keep up the exercise, things will turn around - everyone has to have some down time - even you! (you always seem so "up"!)

--------------------
Leah
"Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul"

#16573 - 08/07/03 10:39 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Jules, I can sympathize. I've never had a fat stomach; In fact, I have, until just recently, been known as "that women with the tiny waist." Now I look 7-8 months pregnant! My stomach is huge, and I hate it. I agree----this is yucky! I started drinking a tea that has peppermint and chammoile in it and I think it's helped a little. I know exercise would help relieve some tension, but I don't know if it would help with the looks of an IBS swollen tummy because I don't think it's fat, it's fluid. At least, mine is. If a don't eat, it's flat. If I eat, it's huge. What's a girl to do???

#16654 - 08/07/03 07:34 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hey Jules.. Sorry you are having a hard time. I'm IBS-C and I had to wear overalls Monday through Wednesday, because I was so bloated. Yesterday morning the toliet was my best friend and felt much better and my clothes fit again.
I'm not trying to scold you, but stop the bar hopping. You might find you'll feel better.

#16670 - 08/08/03 03:54 AM
artist

Reged: 05/28/03

Jules, I completely understand. I am 5'4" 108 lbs. and I have a belly! I am IBS-C and have pretty much got all my symptoms under control- except the bloating. I used to think it was gas but I really think it could be fluid. I have tried everyone's suggestions, but really nothing works. My stomach is pretty flat in the morning, but the minute I put something in my mouth.... bloat. artist

#16674 - 08/08/03 06:45 AM
Kristen

Reged: 08/07/03
Loc: Barre, VT (Home): Syracuse, NY (School)

I know exactly how you all are feeling! It sucks! In the morning I look in the mirror and I am like..."wow..I really do have a flat stomach." Then by the end of the day my stomach looks so fat! I hate it because I too am not heavy and then I have this stomach that sticks out. I could never tell anyone else this (besides my mom) because everyone is like "shut up, you are so skinny, you only weight like 90 pounds!" That is not true thou (I weigh 102), but to them it seems like 90. But I am always thinking in my head..."if you could see my stomach right now, you'd be singing a different tune!" hehe

I really wish something could be done about this! Today I am starting to omit high fructose corn syrup (I'm hoping this may be the gas and bloating culprit because this is the only thing I eat consistently everyday in breads and such). We'll see what happens, and how long I can go without that cuz it's in EVERYTHING (just like milk! )

Hope your bloating gets better!

~Kristen~

#16676 - 08/08/03 07:32 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Jules-

I am so sorry but I know this feeling, today something is tight, everything starts moving and tomorrow it is loose. It is really a pain in the behind. I started taking the Fish Oil Capsules with my fiber, the EFA's and I think it is helping I was fine yesterday and I we will see how things go over the next few days if they are fine I may have hit upon something.

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

#16679 - 08/08/03 07:51 AM
jules

Loc: Michigan

Thanks all for your responses. Though I'm not happy that you all feel the same way, sometimes I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one. It's so hard to deal with sometimes! I woke up this morning bloated beyond all get-out, and finally had a BM, but I'm still bloated. I'm drinking tons of water and tea today and am planning on eating foods from Heather's 'safe' list. I'm tempted to call my doc but I know that that won't get me anywhere. It will just leave me feeling like a hypocondriac (anyone else feel that?). Hopefully, I'll feel better for the weekned.

My mom, sister and I are taking a bikeride tomorrow morning, so the exercise will definately be beneficial.

I got a new yoga and pilates video, and did the yoga one yesterday. Felt really really good! I've learned to just push past the discomfort and work out anyway. My bf and I have done pilates every day this week, which I'm sure is helping.

Hope all those bloated tummies out there start a-shrinkin'!!

Thanks again, you all are great!

--------------------
~jules

#16707 - 08/08/03 11:39 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL! I feel so gross sometimes...it's awful! The worst is first thing in the morning. You look pretty good...then at lunch time your clothes are too tight! It's like I need a different size depending on the time of day!

I hope you feel better soon Jules...and all you bloaters out there! (It wouldn't be so bad to look pregnant if I WAS pregnant!!!)

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1676 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1299

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review