All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
oatmeal
      #164869 - 03/29/05 04:29 AM
Kemi

Reged: 03/15/05
Loc: MO,USA

hey guys,i just ate a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast about an hour ago and its making my gas go haywire.everytime i eat oatmeal i get problems,is this all in my head or can i relley be having problems with oatmeal?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: oatmeal new
      #164870 - 03/29/05 04:31 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

You could really be having problems with it- There are quite a few people on this board who have problems with oatmeal.
Don't think it is in your head- we hear enough of that from doctors and people who don't understand.
Feel better soon
Melissa

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

yes! new
      #164871 - 03/29/05 04:42 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

especially if it was instnat oats- most have HFCS or dairy in them... I'm ok with a small amount of non instant oats, but pure buckwheat cereal- also supposed to be safe and what I grewup on makes me bloat!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: yes! new
      #164873 - 03/29/05 04:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm only okay with fine oatmeal (ie. instant oats WITHOUT any dairy or HFCS)...regular oat flakes make me sooo gassy!

#164874 - 03/29/05 04:54 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Oatmeal gets me every time too -- I haven't tried the instant kind though.... Even some of the breads that have a whole lot of it in them will make me gassy.

#164892 - 03/29/05 07:08 AM
Kemi

im so glad that i have a group of ladies to talk to that know exactly how i feel!i have problems with the instand oatmeal and just the plain kind!they make me feel relly full and bloated and relley relley gassy.im so sick of doctors telling me its in my head!my gi doctor told me i could eat anything!i was sitting there thinking what are you talking about?i would like to see them in pain and not be afarid to eat.

#164921 - 03/29/05 08:18 AM
melissam

I have been down the road and back with Doctors saying it is in your head- stop obsessing over your bowels- Think about something else- focus on something else- well this is a very big part of my life because I deal with the symtpoms every day- From the minute I wake up until the minute I go to bed. It has changed my life completely. I was always a person who could deal with just about anything life threw at me- well this got me- I personally was diagnosed with IBS-C but I have bm's every day faithfully- I have alot of cramping, and gas- ALOT! (the cramping I mean)- Gas I think sometimes I have more than "normal" persons.
Don't let people tell you it is in yor head- pain is nor imagined!~!!~!
Melissa

--------------------
Melissa

#164936 - 03/29/05 09:10 AM
Kemi

you sound exactly like me!im ibs-c i hardly ever go.my GI doctor told me oh its all in your head and put me on anti-aniexty medicane and i told him im not leaving this building until you find out what the heck is wrong with me,so he ordered all these tests and when they came up with just the same thing ibs i was very lost,confused,and depressed.i thought how could gas link to ibs,when the doctor told me all ibs is,is constapation.!!!i get relley bad gas from the moment i wake up until the moment i fall asleep,i wouldnt mind it coming out the right end but it always comes up in my stomach and my thoart and its painful and very scary.right now im taking zelnorm,but i might stop because i almost passed out this morning.

#164985 - 03/29/05 10:33 AM
melissam

You said you almost passed out from the Zelnorm- That is an odd side effect.
I went through 2 different courses of the Zelnorm and I don't think it did anything for me personally- nothing more than eating some more fruit and veggies wouldn't do.
It said it was supossed to help with pain also and I don't think it did anything for pain.
How long have you been on it and what tests did you have done?

--------------------
Melissa

#165007 - 03/29/05 11:36 AM
Kemi

i had every test done in the book sista!!lol..literally,i had 2 endoscopys done,1 colonscopy thats how they found i had ibs,blood work,cat scan,MRI,small bowel follow threw,x-rays up my you know what,normal x rays on my stomach,stool testing..did i forget anything?!well the zelnorm made me have a bowel movement,i dont know it was werid.i just started it this morning..but i ate something and my gas went crazy and my stomach went haywire and i felt relley sleepy then i tired laying down and i couldnt,and got an appetite went in the kicthen ate some rice chex and then my body started feeling like it was going numb,and everything kinda got dark and i got weak and feel on my knees and started shaking relley bad..then i had the bowel movement and i felt better.im still going to take it though because it gave me a bowel movement,i was suprised because the only thing that usally works for me is the enema.how long have you been taking yours?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2039 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26590

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review