All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Alisa
      #164580 - 03/28/05 03:05 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

What do you do do/take for the fibro? I was just wondering if your problems with so much pain from the IBS are linked to the enhanced pain sensitivity of having FMS.

It's interesting you had tummy issues with sugar. I'm cutting it out now, but b/c of the Fibro, not the IBS. The sugar highs/lows just play havoc with my energy levels combined with the fibro.

Looking forward to see what you say!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Bump -nt new
      #164913 - 03/29/05 07:53 AM
Linz

Re: Alisa new
      #165044 - 03/29/05 01:03 PM
Alisa

Reged: 03/20/05
Loc: Appleton, Wisconsin

Hi Linz,

When my fibro gets bad, I have to take motrin or ibuprofen. Nothing else besides heat wraps help, so stretching and pilates are GODSENDS for IBS and for fibromyalgia. Stress makes things worse, and sleep makes things better. The lifestyle is the important management aspect. When I'm most content, I'm most stable in terms of my health and vice versa.

#165147 - 03/29/05 10:06 PM
Linz

Do you not take any meds? I'm really surprised that with your symptoms you're not on a-d's! Have you tried a magnesium and malic acid supplement for pain relief too?

#166317 - 04/01/05 09:31 PM
Alisa

Reged: 03/20/05
Loc: Appleton, Wisconsin

I've tried HUNDREDS of meds. I've been on Effexor, Zoloft, prescription doses of Advil and Aleve, Diazepam, Clonazepam, Neurontin, Ultram, Vioxx, Valium, Zelnorm, and others. Nothing helps my fibro or my IBS. I was on birth contol pills for my endometriosis which thoroughly screwed me up emotionally and physically (it made me depressed and lose my appetite, which didn't help my weight loss due to IBS symptoms)...in a nutshell, it's been a horrible 'trial and error' experience. I'm going to hopefully try naltrexone soon, though...we'll see if that works out...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 595

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review