All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Zelnorm - Constipation
      #163941 - 03/25/05 06:37 AM
Nicole74

Reged: 03/25/05

I have been suffering from IBS off and on for about a year. I just started taking Zelnorm this week along with benefiber twice a day. The Zelnorm has helped with the gas and bloating but it has not relieved the constipation. I'm wondering if the benefiber is making me more constipated. I have been drinking more water and exercising in the hopes of getting my colon moving with no such luck - can anyone give me any suggestions? As of now, I plan on using a laxative tonight.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Zelnorm - Constipation new
      #163951 - 03/25/05 07:06 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

What about the food you're eating? Have you been eating the fiber foods- Like have you been trying to eat more fruits and vegeatbles to help move things along?

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

#164309 - 03/26/05 05:21 PM
Neeta

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey there, I have zelnorm too, I take it only when absolutely necessary. I get bloating and a bit of constipation. Anyway, zelnorm gives me d! Much to my horror, got it yesterday. My innards were in turmoil all day. We were travelling and visiting my friend! Oh, what a day! So yep, zelnorm certainly cleans me out. Now it didn't in the beginning, but does now. So maybe hang in there for a while. Good luck, Neeta

#164701 - 03/28/05 10:47 AM
Nicole74

Reged: 03/25/05

Yes, I have been eating fruits and vegetables along with walking. I also try to be active after I eat but the BMs are not coming. I took two fleet pills Friday night and they didn't really help.

IF new
      #164704 - 03/28/05 10:52 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You are eating IF safely aren't you? Cos if not, it is an IBS trigger...and that applies to C people as well!

Re:Zelnorm new
      #164776 - 03/28/05 02:19 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Just a quick thought, are you taking the Zelnorm on an EMPTY tummy?? You will get the most effect from it if taken 30-45 minutes BEFORE eating. I find miralax to be a much better solution for long term C but Zelnorm helps a bit with the pain and bloating but I'm afraid it only helps for a week or two and than I seem to build up a tolerance to it. So, I take miralax and Acacia on a daily basis and "save" the Zelnorm for really bad pain and bloating.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3450 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3729

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review