All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Belching... new
      #163921 - 03/25/05 02:28 AM
roid

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: united kingdom

I found i have far more wind when i havent eaten enough. When i started the exclusion diet, i really wasnt eating enough, and suffered far worse wind than i do now. I still have a problem with it, which fennel does help i think, but its one of the easier symptoms of ibs to live with .

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Angie new
      #163979 - 03/25/05 08:52 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

what are you eating now that has helped this belching? Are you doing this diet on your own or is someone giving you suggestions? What do your daily menus look like?

It is hard to do this by yourself. I don't know how to, at least.

I get the belching even before eating, but maybe will try the zantac anyhow. I don't know which is better and safest to start with, zantac or prilocec.

Did you have any test done to confirm that you actually have GERDS? Or is your doc relying on symptoms alone?

I just don't want to take a med if I really don't have GERDS. Maybe the belching is just trapped gas coming up the other end. Oh, this darn body is so screwed up!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Thanks again, Linz new
      #163987 - 03/25/05 09:10 AM
Augie

Do you think it would be better to start off with zantac or prilosec OTC without having a definate diagnosis? I just don't want to take something if I really don't need it, or if GERD is not my problem. But I am so blasted tired of this belching. Yuck! So annoying and makes me more gassy at the other end too.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Constant Belching new
      #163993 - 03/25/05 09:28 AM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

I went through a phase where I noticed I was burping a lot, but it eventually stopped. I didn't know why either?

PS new
      #164010 - 03/25/05 10:13 AM
Augie

I know you're not a doctor, Linz, but I really value you're opinion. You seem to be very knowledgeable and you have become so stable with all your symptoms!

Thank you for your continual support.

--------------------
~ Beth

Aww thanks! new
      #164061 - 03/25/05 01:07 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm turning into an encyclopedia of medical knowledge! Weird thing is my memory tends to hold onto it...and medicinenet.com is a fantastic info source. A top pharmaceutical consultant as a FIL also helps.

Re: Angie new
      #164197 - 03/25/05 11:16 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

I don't know if anything I'm eating now is helping since it seems to be a little worse (although strawberries were one thing that triggered it recently, they're so acidic ) I basically follow the IBS diet, I eat hot cereal (oatmeal/bran, cream of rice, etc) for b-fast or a protein smoothie with powder, ricemilk, banana/mango, and I use flaxseed or almond meal in the morning. I eat breads and rice cakes during the day, with soy yogurts, nut butters, sometimes cooked veggies (which I have been cutting back on) or soup. I also eat like wheat free Fig Newmans or cookies as treats, also avocadoes and Earth Balance butter for fats. I have had no diagnostic test to determine GERD, we are sort of in the process right now...When I mentioned the diet helping, I meant before I changed it to accomodate IBS, which was like 2 years ago, so I don't know if that is really relevant anymore I understand how you feel, I don't really want to take meds either. Sorry you are dealing with this too!! Talk to you soon.

--------------------
~Angela

bump for Linz-nt new
      #164436 - 03/27/05 08:54 AM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Angie new
      #164624 - 03/28/05 07:31 AM
Augie

I think since you are a C you probably shouldn't be cutting back on your veggies and may need some additonal fruits besides a banana or a mango. Like cooked peeled apples or nectarines?

You need to do what feels best for your body, though. But I know if I cut out veggies and fruits, I would probably be more C than I already am!

Can you do cream of brown rice cereal instead of cream of white? That would give you more fiber as well.

But I'm probably not the best person to be taking advice from these days! As I am in great pain!

--------------------
~ Beth

GERDs new
      #164682 - 03/28/05 10:14 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well getting a diagnosis would be far better, but I thought you said you were having touble getting anything useful out of your doc?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4636 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7136

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review