Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Constant Belching new
      #163657 - 03/24/05 07:31 AM
bz

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Good morning Beth,

I'm IBS-D w/GERD. I had the same complaint when I went to the doctor last year about the constant burping even if I didn't eat anything at all I would burp all day. He prescribed a digestive enzyme called Ku-Zyme (which is amalyse, protease and lipase combined) and it has helped me tremendously. Now I only get normal burps (w/meals, soda, etc.). I hope this helps you.

Barbara

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So, no one has a solution... new
      #163658 - 03/24/05 07:32 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

When I was on meds for IBS, I found LOSEC very helpful. I was on it and Prepulsid, which has since been pulled off the market. LOSEC is a great acid controller. Ask your good for nothing Doc. Is there any possiblity of seeing another Doc?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Does Fennel tea help with belching too? new
      #163665 - 03/24/05 07:49 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It is suppose to help with gas, but is that only gas that comes out the other end? Anyone find that fennel helps burps?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Do you see anything suspicious new
      #163730 - 03/24/05 10:50 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

in these foods that may cause the belching?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Constant Belching new
      #163746 - 03/24/05 11:36 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Well at least they are silent, there is a small ray of light. I belch all day long to but like a man, VERY loud, sometimes I scare my boss!!

My problem is GERDS, do you possibly have this??

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: How do they test for GERDS? new
      #163751 - 03/24/05 11:52 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

For me they looked down my throat while I was asleep w/ a little camera. And then they prescribed Nexium which is my miracle pil for GERDS. But then th insurance company said no more Nexium so I had to get another test done. This time they stuck a tube down my nose into mytummy and measured the amount of acid and it was off the charts,so insurance company was forced to cover.

I am supposed to avoid caffiene, citrus, and tomato sauces, chocolate, or spicy stuff. (Not a problem since I can't have most of those w/ IBS anyway.) I am supposed to wear loose clothes so I don't compress my tummy and sit upright for several hours after eating. And if using something OTC try anti-acid meds like Maalox,Mylanta,Tums or something.

Good Luck,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

It's called a gastroscopy... new
      #163895 - 03/24/05 10:45 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...the camera procedure I mean - it's like a colonoscopy but the other end. Mine showed up some scarring from GERDs.

And no those foods don't look too bad. I have a major problem with IF, but I know you eat way more of that than me cos of your C.

PPIs... new
      #163896 - 03/24/05 10:48 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...don't completely shut down acid production, they just inhibit it. If your doc won't do anyway it could be worh a try...if the prilosec works, then it's almost certainly GERDs. You do have to take it for at least a few weeks tho...and at least 6-8 weeks if it is GERDs and needs stabilising.

Belching... new
      #163910 - 03/24/05 11:57 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Hi Beth!! I have had this also on and off, and it has been a little worse lately, and I think it is due to GERD. Taking Zantac seems to help with it, but it doesn't entirely go away. I always get it after eating, but usually not before. It used to be a LOT worse before I changed my diet, so there you go, but of course you are already watching your diet carefully I'm sorry I can't offer more advice, and I know EXACTLY what you mean about becoming obsessive about foods, eating, symptoms, etc. I am the same way. It is getting worse with my anxiety and now GERD, I hope if I get that under control it will improve. Maybe I am a tad OCD as well?? I'm sorry about that, I know how annoying it is to overanalzye EVERYTHING! Good luck and hope something helps you.

--------------------
~Angela

Tissy new
      #163914 - 03/25/05 01:47 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

That's too funny! Little you with those manly burps. he he

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7090

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review