Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Thank you! new
      #163879 - 03/24/05 09:05 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Chris:

Thank you for letting me know about these places! I will definitely try them out! I hadn't heard of any of them except for Whole Foods, which opened a store here in Toronto a couple of years ago and which I know has an amazing selection of food.

I've also been to the Whole Foods stores in Palo Alto and Cupertino, but it's a battle to get parking there because the stores are so popular!

I wonder if you could suggest a good place near Union Square where I could get a simple bowl of plain steamed rice. I would enjoy some steamed rice with my packed lunch when I am in San Francisco, but I'm not sure where I could find a bowl -- other than in nearby Chinatown, but I'm leary of going to restaurants there without knowing which are the recommended ones.

When I'm in Palo Alto I go to a Japanese restaurant on University Avenue just a block away from the Caltrain station. The waiters turn a blind eye when I order a bowl of rice and then eat the rice with my own plain baked chicken which I bring with me! (Maybe they turn a blind eye because I always leave them a good tip!) I wish could find a similar place in the Union Square area.

Belinda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That should be enough! new
      #163888 - 03/24/05 10:20 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

As a C, you have to be really careful nt to go without IF for very long at all. By now I would suggest you should be starting to add in (very safely done) IF veggies. And don't go without protein for more than a couple of days at the most! That'll be why you're so tired! Add in safe protein options now too.

Re: Thank you! new
      #163952 - 03/25/05 07:11 AM
badlydrawnboy

Reged: 03/01/05

Belinda,

I wish I did know a "safe" place in Union Square. I do know there are several Japanese restaurants down there (one comes to mind on Powell, up the hill from Border's Bookstore) and perhaps you could do the same thing there that you do in Palo Alto.

Good luck!

Chris

Re: SCD diet... new
      #163953 - 03/25/05 07:15 AM
badlydrawnboy

Reged: 03/01/05

It's not actually the SCD diet. I am familiar with that one (and just about every other) and have tried it without success. His guidelines are simply no flour, no sugar, restrict dairy to less than 10% of diet, no processed foods, lots of protein.

There is another diet out there which I believe, based on everything I know about nutrition (2 years of Med school, 7 years of daily research) to be the most powerful healing diet out there. It's called the Body Ecology Diet (http://www.bodyecologydiet.com). I hope to be able to modify it in some way so it works for me (and my IBS).

Chris

Re: "Breaking The Cycle" questions new
      #164138 - 03/25/05 06:12 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Quote:

Actually rice milk is neither soluble or insoluble. It's been strained of all solids and is pretty much flavored water by that point.

Hmm.. I didn't know this. Thank you for correcting me, Mags.

Hey Jen,

Didn't mean to seem like I was. Actually, it stood out to me, because I'd always wondered what it was and Heather answered it for someone else a long time ago. But, at least I could pass on some of our queen's wisdom.

Re: Advice from another Bay Area IBS Sufferer new
      #177766 - 05/09/05 02:57 PM
Kgirl

Reged: 03/07/05
Loc: California, USA

I'm also in San Jose. I have Kaise, though, I have to say, it really depends on your doctor there. The first doctor I had listened to my list of complaints and all she did was give me a perscription for an antacid. I finally switched doctor last year after getting tired of being ignored and my new doctor is great. I went to see her the first time, explained my situation ans she diagnosed me with IBS (finally, after so many years!). I ended up finding Heather's book on my own, but when I go back to see her, I plan on telling her about the book and having her reccomend it for others with IBS.

I have a question for those in the South Bay area, so you know of an IBS support group in the area? I know there's one in San Francisco, but I really don't feel like driving up there. I am looking to join a support group in SIlicon Valley, or, perhaps start on if none exist. if you have any info, or are interested in a group, post a response here or e-mail me. kelly@mythiccreations.net

--------------------
Do not despair because a rose has thorns, rejoice because a thornbush has roses.

can I cook pork chops or any kind of pork new
      #177770 - 05/09/05 03:27 PM
Monica38

Reged: 05/09/05

Re: can I cook pork chops or any kind of pork new
      #177775 - 05/09/05 03:45 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Monica - Welcome to the Boards. Pork is considered a red meat on Heather's diet and all red meats are triggers and should be avoided.

I find it easier to think in terms of what meat I can eat: white meat chicken, white meat turkey, and all seafood. All other meats are triggers.

I know this is your first post and I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Website and/or the diet, so if you need help navigating around, please say so.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 685 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8575

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review