All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Wheat free, not gluten free new
      #163165 - 03/22/05 09:48 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Hi Angie. What are your symptoms to gluten? I used to be able to eat as much bread, cakes, muffins etc as I liked up until a couple of years ago. I'm confused as to why my food intolerances have suddenly started.....

Which makes me wonder whether perhaps I'm more wheat not gluten intolerant. But regardless, at the mo I'm strictly GF and determined to feel better because of it!

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Response to Taylahmai new
      #163168 - 03/22/05 09:56 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

To be honest, I cut wheat out so long ago that I'm not even sure what my reactions to it were specifically, since I stopped eating a bunch of things all at once (dairy, yeast, fatty things, raw veggies, etc). I have eaten it a few times since, and I think I noticed more bloating and pain. I want to try and re-introduce it, and maybe I will be able to tell you what happens!!

--------------------
~Angela

What's the York test? Thanks for explaining! n-t new
      #163170 - 03/22/05 10:01 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ruchie new
      #163288 - 03/23/05 08:45 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Its a food allergy test that tests for 113 different foods. I think the website is yorkallergyusa.com but Im not sure at the moment. They send you the kit to your house and its a finger prick test that you do yourself and then mail it back to them. The bad part is the price though - I just ordered it last week and I think it was $379.00 but Im desperate to get better right now! Ill let you know how it goes!

Re: Hey again Neeta new
      #163354 - 03/23/05 11:21 AM
Neeta

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Oh you poor thing. I can't imagine being 27 and going through all this. Whenever I go out I know I can have a baked potato and of course my low carb beer (strange that). I used to enjoy wine but can't do that anymore (bummer) so live quite a pure life now. Try that silly yaks web site you might get some help there. All I can say for the bloating is easy does it for a long time. If I introduce anything new I bloat. I've just had rice puffs with rice milk and hemp ice cream for lunch! i couldn't hold down a job either, there is just no way. Try swimming, I have found that helps me no end. Something to do with being held by the water gives my innards a nice rest. Good luck, my heart breaks for you. Chin up chook! Neeta

Hey, Abby, you there?-nt new
      #163363 - 03/23/05 11:50 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Thanx so much Neeta..... new
      #163586 - 03/24/05 03:05 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Sometimes I think I feel too sorry for myself, and should learn to deal with what I've been handed.

But when I get such kind words from people on the boards, I realise its okay to feel a little bit blue, cos we're dealing with something really tough!

I get there, life isn't so bad, and I really enjoy cooking GF. All I need is for this damn bloat to go away and I'd be a pretty content little girl

There's alot about life to enjoy, I remind myself that every day.

Thanx again, take care xxxxx

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Re: Thanx so much Neeta..... new
      #163807 - 03/24/05 02:29 PM
Neeta

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

hey there, your welcome, again, I can't imagine what you are going through. I am bloated this afternoon. I think it's because I've been doing some house painting and the fumes react with me. I went swimming and that felt great, then the bloating came back. I am about to take one of my bio k's that will probably sort it. Have you tried them? Might just help you. To hell with the cost, you are worth it. Neeta

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1925 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10266

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review