All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia: would it work for an NON-IBSer?
      #161924 - 03/18/05 01:05 PM
beanqueen

Reged: 03/04/05

hi,

i've been diagnosed with ibs, but have found that i don't have classic ibs symptoms, and my ibs is probably a related disorder as a result of CANDIDA or maybe celiac (in the process of being tested).

i had a terrible time with the ibs diet..all the soluable foods/carbs KILLED ME! i was in so much pain..gas..intolerable...went gluten/yeast/wheat/"everything" free. (just eating chicken, tofu, romaine) and feel sooooo much better. no fog feelings, body feels better, etc...

i'm thinking it might be a candida issue, so plan on taking some probiotics (ThreeLac, anybody tried this?). i need something to keep my stools moving..since i'm typically constipated as it is.

i had tried the acacia tummy fibers during my ibs diet, but felt horrible during that time. i'm wondering, since the acacia is soluable fiber..will i have the same PAINFUL, gas and bloating with that, as i did with the diet (breads, grains etc?) i know it's hard to tell if i have an intolerance to wheat, gluten, yeast or whatever..but just wanted to find out if acacia would somehow mimmick the problems that i had with the carbs..or is it pretty neutral? will it really get me cleansing? (as i build up to it?) can my family use it w/o problems since they are not ibs?

sorry for all the questions..thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

yes new
      #161943 - 03/18/05 01:52 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Acacia is just a fiber supplement like citrucel or metamucil (better of course) and many people take those just to be regular whether they have IBS or not.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

thank you...btw, love your kittys ;) new
      #161963 - 03/18/05 02:36 PM
beanqueen

Reged: 03/04/05

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 365 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 429

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review