All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Back pain with iBS
      #16163 - 08/03/03 05:02 PM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

Has anyone had really bad pain in the back when they were having an attack of IBS

--------------------
Gretchen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back pain with iBS new
      #16167 - 08/03/03 06:49 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

I know many people with IBS that suffer from back pains. Back pain along with IBS is usally caused by the digestive system muscles pulling on the back muscles. A person can also have generalized increased bodily muscle tension from the condition.

You should always be checked by a doctor though if you have a new symptom or if it happens all the time.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

message for everyone new
      #16169 - 08/03/03 07:13 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

yes i do all the time have back pain with ibs. does anyone know if ice tea is good for ibs. lemonade to. also whats good for sun burns? my wife and i were in the sun today trying to get sun tanned and got red and warm.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Re: message for everyone new
      #16172 - 08/03/03 07:47 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

On the ice tea for some people just cold water can trigger the muscles and nerves, and there is other chemicals in ICE tea that could possible act as triggers.

Lemons may also because of the high acid content or if its an instant mix, certin chemicals in that perhaps, foods triggering attacks is a highly individual thing and there is an underlying problem/problems in IBS so many things can trigger attacks not just foods. Neither foods nor stress cause IBS, although stress can be a contributing factor for some. But both can act as triggers to the symptoms. So can the weather and hormones also as well as our emotions.

On the sunburn aloe vera may help.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#16255 - 08/05/03 03:46 AM
Fia

Reged: 07/21/03
Loc: Sweden

I've had back pain a lot but now I'm better. I go to back gymnasitcs and strenght gymnastics 1-2 times a week and it really helpes. And I eat Zoloft and it takes away the cramping pain when I have an attac.

Good luck!

Fia

If you don't feel like going to a helt center and exercise you should try swimming.

#16279 - 08/05/03 07:35 AM
Catherine

Reged: 05/28/03

The attacks of back pain coupled with stomach pain and bloating were what finally sent me to a doctor. Since I've learned about IBS and have been following many of Heather's suggestions, I don't have the back pain anymore (although I still have the other symptoms).

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2837 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 833

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review