All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hemms
      #160298 - 03/14/05 05:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Anyone know what's the best thing to do for the blighters? OTC cream helped a little bit but was so fussy to use. I'm clueless as this is the first time I've had hemms badly so they won't just go away.

This is so annoying - it's my only GI symptom atm and they HURT!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hemms new
      #160305 - 03/14/05 06:43 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Linz, if they are really really bad an icepack helps. (my friend needs an operation but they told her theres no point until she's sure she's not going to have any more kids! so this is the alternative for her)

I went to dr with them before I got anusol suppositories, they are OTC and work better than the creams I find. The other thing is diet, the dr will always say that there's no point in curing the symptom and to cure the problem which is probably diet, I ate prunes every day for about 2 weeks after my incident and haven't looked at them since!

hope this is of some use to you

--------------------
S.

The weird thing is... new
      #160307 - 03/14/05 06:52 AM
Linz

...BMs-wise, I'm doing better than I ever have. No C, no D, just proper BMs 2-4 times a day (which Dalia says is a good result of me trying to eat more healthily).

And I NEVER strain...I'm paranoid about it and have no problem with sitting in the loo for 20 mins.

So I'm really annoyed!

I'll get the suppositories...thanx for the suggestion...I didn't even realise you could get them OTC.

#160339 - 03/14/05 07:50 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You can try this: fold up a hand towel and put it in the tub; fill the tub with very warm water; sit in the tub on the hand towel. Sounds weird, but it provides at least temporary relief. Also, in the States we can get little wipes - the name of which escapes me since, blessedly, I haven't needed them in years. They're less icky than the creams and, again, provide at least temporary relief. You could ask your pharmacist if you can get them over there.

I hope you feel better soon. Hemorrhoids are miserable.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#160344 - 03/14/05 08:07 AM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

My DH uses Proctofoam for his. It is only available by prescription. Otherwise, he uses Preparation H. Preparation H makes wipes. There is another brand of wipes called "Tucks". It is witch hazel which is cooling and soothing. I use them when taking my prep for colonoscopy. They seem to really help.

Hope you feel better. Here is a {{{Hug}}} from Texas!

Take care,
Karen

Tucks! That's the one I used. They definitely helped me. -nt- new
      #160346 - 03/14/05 08:09 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#160385 - 03/14/05 10:09 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Okay, after I gave birth they sent me home from the hospital with stuff for soreness and hemorrhoids associated with childbirth. These may help in your situation:

Tuck's Pads w/ witch Hazel
Americaine Hemorrhoid Spray
Procto Foam for Hemorrhoids
Sitz Bath
Ice Packs (shaped like maxi pads that you shake up to make them get cold, it is suppose to help the swelling of the hemorrhoids.)

I looked on the internet and you can get most of these things at a local drugstore in the US (but I am not sure where you would get them in the UK). Except maybe the maxi pad shaped ice packs, not sure where you would get those? You may be able to get them at a drugstore but I am not sure what to call them.

They also suggested that you sit on a soft cushion or rubber ring.

Hope some of this info is of help. Good Luck.:)

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Thanks guys new
      #160450 - 03/14/05 01:11 PM
Linz

I'm going to a big drugstore near here tomorrow so I'll see what they've got.

Christie - you said sit on something soft...is that just for comfort or does sitting on hard surfaces somehow make them worse? Im so puzzled as to why I've got a bad case now .

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1495 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1859

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review