All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
horrible gas pains-soy milk??
      #158924 - 03/09/05 07:00 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I have been drinking soy milk as a shake with spiru-tein protein shake (to try and put on some weight). Could the soy milk be causing excessive gas pains? anything else to try that might be safer - or is soy milk pretty safe??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: horrible gas pains-soy milk?? new
      #158942 - 03/09/05 07:34 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Soy milk is pretty safe but some people do have problems with soy causing gas and bloating, exactly as you said. Simply the nature of soy. If you haven't really had much soy products before you probably just need to let your body get used to it a bit. If the gas is unbearable start cutting back a little and increase how much you have little by little. It should get better.

#158947 - 03/09/05 07:39 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

Thanks for the response! Ignore my last post with this same question. I am hoping (and praying) that I feel better with this acacia (and I am already taking 2 enzymes for breakfast lunch and dinner as well as 2 probiotics).

#158952 - 03/09/05 07:45 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

yup I answered it in your other post

I hope acacia will help you out too, but keep in mind that it's not a miracle cure. Unfortunately, that simply doesn't exist for IBS But over time I've found that an SFS (acacia for me) has been incredibly helpful - indeed, indispensible to my stability (when I was stable, not now mostly due to stress) - but that's not the same for everyone. So best of luck with it, but don't get discouraged if it's not the miracle cure you're looking for. IBS takes constant maintenance and dealing with - but hey, it's a lot better than a lot of the other things you could have wrong with you, right?

Good luck with everything!

Ditto what Laurel said. new
      #158997 - 03/10/05 01:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

SFSs are more of a long-term wonder thing - my Acacia is crucial to keeping me stable (especially when I cheat ).

Ease into drinking soy milk...like with everything else some people take a while to adjust. And some people never adjust to soy (or can't have it) and use rice milk instead.

Spiru-teen... new
      #158998 - 03/10/05 01:48 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

...does have Oat Bran in it - which was something that put me off as I figured it could be IF?! Wasn't sure so went with one that didn't have it in....a possibility?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review