All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Wow Dalia! new
      #158700 - 03/09/05 09:06 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey Linz! 3 times a day is excellent esp if it is formed nicely too! I am still trying to get there you are very inspiring! I want your pooo! hahahahahha
in all likelihood you could have inherited from your mum the susceptibility to expressing deficiencies over a long period as fibro...I have an interesting study about it..I will try and scan it later and if I do will ask for your email and send it over...I absolutely believe that we all have different ways of expressing imbalances (acne, ibs, fibro, backpain, arthititis, diabetes etc) and the source remains the same for all of them - we are missing something. its sooo much better to treat the cause not the symptoms....which is what ruchie is doing and she is sooo inspiring because it is not easy.
oh, you posted about sweet stuff yesterday and I didn't answer - on teh rare times I bake somethign I use concentrated pear juice or maple syrup (very low glycaemic index) and I eat 3 pieces of fruit a day and one glass of freshly pressed apple juice...that hits the spot for me! (I have a very sweet tooth). If I ever taste anything with sugar inside it is always too sickly sweet now. Take faith that your taste buds will adapt in the most beautiful way!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Question for Miss Dalia new
      #158711 - 03/09/05 09:28 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Is it possible that I need ZERO sugar in my diet?

ok...kinda graphic...sorry...but I often feel yeast in my vaginal area when I eat things with sugar (is this weird or what?!)

I put tomatoes back in my diet...might that be the cuplrit? It's sooo weird to eat something and begin to itch there while you're eating it! (Is it jus in my head? I must say I don't believe that it is....)

Is soy yogurt ok? i can't find any without some sugar added. Usually it is fruit sugar or evaporated cane juice or something like that. What's your opinion doc?

I gained my 5lbs back! when do you think I'll be ready to begin counting calories? Could it be the tomato that did it? I am beginning to think tomatoes are bad for me They're my fav food! *sigh* I will do what is best for my bod!

Thanks for reading! *hugs* Glad you feel better today Daia!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Linz,, I'm glad you and Dalia hooked up! n-t new
      #158717 - 03/09/05 09:40 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thanks Dalia! new
      #158718 - 03/09/05 09:42 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That'd be great...I'm always open to new info. I was just wondering about honey cakes cos I do sometimes bake brownies or something, usually when we have company, and it's nice to be able to partake!

Re: Question for Miss Dalia new
      #158852 - 03/09/05 02:52 PM
daliatree

hey dolly
for now I would stick to zero sugar...when you start to feel fabulous constantly...like three months of fabulousness then you can introduce it as a special treat...I was completely sugar free for three years and now I have a little maple syrup on my oatmeal now and again and a slice of cake (safe ingredients...) once every month or something. its important we enjoy eating,..but for now focus on getting better which you are doing soooo well.
if you have a suspicion about tomatoes, and if they are your favourite food...stay away!! often we love those things that hurt us the most!! you are very sensntive at the moment so it is possible that when you eat something sugary it gives you excess yeast...trust your instinct...you are so in tune with your body its fab...don't worry about it 'being in your head' - err on the side of caution that its not and then when you reintroduce tomatoes and they agree with you, it will be a nice surprise.
I am feeling much better thanks..a little on the fuzzy side and lots of sweat (ewwwww) but much better...less nauseaous and less pooing! never thought I could make so much :-)
what are you eating every day that you should be even concerned about calories? you are exercising right? I don't really believe in counting calories that much (what a traditional nutritionist I am going to be hahahahahaha) but let me know your thinking and I will tell you what I think
Love you XXXXX

--------------------

Re: Thanks Dalia! new
      #158854 - 03/09/05 02:53 PM
daliatree

I think its very important to partake...just as long as there is self control and its only once in a while...the social aspect of ibs is the hardest methinks sometimes...as long as the rest of the diet is in tip top shape a piece of cake is not going to tip the balance now and again :-)

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7932 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34137

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review