All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sometimes I really hate eating out!!
      #157954 - 03/07/05 04:44 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Well, I knew it couldn't last forever. I hadn't had a full-blown IBS attack in almost a year and a half, but my record was blown last Friday night. I went out to dinner and noticed that there wasn't much soluble fiber with the meal, so I ordered some carrots on the side. I thought I was being so good! But after getting all the way to the bottom of the cup of carrots, I finally noticed the buttery sauce in the bottom... oops! I'd forgotten to make sure they didn't use any dairy. Sure enough, about an hour after dinner I was in agony. Now I remember why I'm so good about following this diet... ugh!! Anyway, I just hope someone out there will learn from my mistake and remember to be very particular about what you order in restaurants, and never be afraid to ask the server what you're getting!! I know I'll be more careful about that again in the future.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sometimes I really hate eating out!! new
      #157956 - 03/07/05 04:46 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Thanks Kree. It's so true that we have to be careful!

Kree *DELETED* new
      #157961 - 03/07/05 05:00 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: Kree new
      #157985 - 03/07/05 06:19 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I agree, the food is definitely not worth the pain! People without IBS just can't seem to understand that!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Sometimes I really hate eating out!! new
      #157990 - 03/07/05 06:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Poor you! I have been there before, but I haven't had such a streak that got destroyed. Bummer! so sorry.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Kree new
      #157991 - 03/07/05 06:24 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Restaurants are just so difficult! Anything you can cook at home and make safe, they can mess up without even trying! They put oil and butter on everything! Just to avoid that, I ordered the only safe thing I could see on the menu for lunch today - white toast - and the bread was full of seeds, which are very very difficult for me - I was so annoyed that I hadn't put some bread in my bag before I left the house, but, really, is it too much to expect?

Josephine

Ugh! new
      #157993 - 03/07/05 06:29 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It seems like every time I eat in a restaurant, I remember why I NEVER do. They suck! Sorry you had your streak ruined, but *more* sorry that you're feeling crappy - feel better soon!

dozyvenny *DELETED* new
      #158014 - 03/07/05 07:27 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: dozyvenny new
      #158019 - 03/07/05 07:52 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Thanks Shelby. I usually take something like a bagel with me whenever I go out, even if there isn't a mealtime due, I just like to feel safe. My niece laughs at me about it - she says I must really be a hobbit because they like their food a lot! Today I just had too many things happening and slipped up. I know what you mean about the buns with seeds - is it my imagination or are there seeds on more things nowadays? They must be a lot cheaper than they used to be or the catering industry wouldn't use them so much ... It's difficult to give up eating out because it's such a nice sociable thing to do. Sounds like you have found a way to cope with it and I hope that I will too.

Best wishes

Josephine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4598 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1097

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review