All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
welp, i think *DID* jinx myself...IBS-C w/ diahrrea?! r/o
      #157945 - 03/07/05 04:26 PM
beanqueen

Reged: 03/04/05

i never have diahrrea...but now i do!

quick background...had IBS flareup this past week during menstruation...found heather's book..started diet 3 days ago..am IBS-C. have been eating only oatmeal...but just last night tried some angel hair pasta in veg broth. (veg broth was lovingly made by my dh..but it did feel a bit oily. he said only 3T or so for the whole batch..but i dunno..."trigger"??) i ate only the past that was dipped in the broth.

oh and to complicate things further ...2 days ago, also caught a cold w/ severe sore throat..some sort of flu.

ffwd to this morning...ate one serving (small) of pasta/broth last night..and one med serving this morning...then...diahrrea and cramping.

ate some plain pasta and sourdough bread. which normally i can't eat without severe gas and constipation. well..NO diahrrea..but,alas.. major cramping with gas starting up in the gut! AAAAH!

did i do something wrong? i don't know if i can safely introduce an IF w/ the SF that i'm eating..since i'm coming off an episode w/ the ibs (my upper stomach..GERD ..isn't all that stable , either) along with this gross flu.

sorry this is so long..but i'm not sure if what i'm doing is right...wrong or upside down, ya know? some IBS VETERAN advice, would be greatly appreciated.

btw...i have acacia on order..hope to receive it by the end of the week.

thank you so much, in advance!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Some thoughs... new
      #157951 - 03/07/05 04:40 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi beanqueen! It sounds like you've been doing all the right things! The small amount of oil in that veg broth shouldn't have bothered you, although you never know when you're just coming off an attack. My only other thought is to try giving up the oatmeal until you're a little more stable. Even though it's mostly SF it also bothers some people because it does have some IF as well. If it's not that, it may just be that your body needs some time to stabalize. Unfortunately the results of this diet are not always instantaneous. But stick with it and I guarantee you'll get results. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

thank you, kree new
      #157975 - 03/07/05 05:48 PM
beanqueen

thanks for your encouragement...hmm..so you think the broth was okay, eh? may have to revisit it in the future.

btw, love your 'chopping chef'..so cute!

SF OR BUST!

You're welcome! new
      #157989 - 03/07/05 06:21 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

You're welcome! Yes, unless there's something in it I don't know about homemade broth should be one of the safest things for you!

I'm glad you like my little chef! Mind you, that's turkey sausage he's chopping up... he's an IBS-safe chef.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: You're welcome! new
      #158241 - 03/08/05 10:18 AM
michauxd

Reged: 03/07/05
Loc: Richmond, VA

Amen to the turkey substitution--I use it to make everything I used to have with ground beef, and it makes a huge difference!

I agree that it sounds like you're doing all the right things, Beanqueen. My docs always tell me that it takes about three days for the lining of the stomach to heal up, so don't give up! I think someone has already mentioned SF to you--Citrucel, Metamucil, acacia--but you should be starting it, too. It made me C when I took too much, so I've had to cut back, but it instantly makes gas and D disappear.

thanks michauxd! there's hope! just gotta find that 'balance' new
      #158514 - 03/08/05 09:07 PM
beanqueen

the balance b/t SF and IF...and how much and which SFS..looking forward to my acacia order..hoping for the best!
thanks again!

Acacia Problems??? new
      #280365 - 08/30/06 09:37 AM
funmom

Reged: 08/09/06
Loc: California

I've always been IBS-C but pretty much in "remission" for almost 10 years. But then if I'm not careful and I don't "relieve myself" properly for a few days THEN I get the horrible labor-like pains and then the diahrrea!! Well, I started Heather's Acacia 2 1/2 weeks ago and am now experiencing the diahrrea every morning about 4 times with AWFUL pains. I've been late every day to work. The dr. gave me Xanax and Vicodin 2 weeks ago. I only take the Xanax on rare occasion but have had to take Vicodin twice a day JUST TO SURVIVE and then ran out of that and went onto ULTRACET for the pain!!! It's all I can do to stay at work each day and then go home and deal with hubby and the 4 kids!! I'm also on Bentyl which seems to be doing NOTHING! I've also lost 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks and only eat white rice, french bread, pretzels, graham crackers and oatmeal...........and just a tiny bit of those things each day. I'm going back to the dr. today............hopefully to get different meds. I'm wondering if the Acacia is causing problems........I started out slow but it doesn't seem to make a difference. By the way, I'm usually only stress-related IBS.....I mean even though I'm constipated often, I can usually fix that by eating lots of fruit and water each day. Any advice??

Re: Acacia Problems??? new
      #280373 - 08/30/06 09:46 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

How much of the acacia are you taking?

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2962 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review