All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to the boards
      #157452 - 03/06/05 09:42 AM
WarMaiden

Reged: 03/01/05
Loc: Lexington, KY

Hi, all! I've had IBS for years, and as my bouts have gotten worse and worse, I finally got Heather's books after spending the past month in the hospital. It's only been a week, and I feel so much better (despite being in mourning for red meat and chocolate, heh heh). I'v ebeen prowling the boards all week now that I'm serious about changin gmy habits, and you all have been a great resource and source fo comfort! Thanks!

--------------------
"Everything I really love to do is either illegal, immoral or fattening." - Alexander Woolcott

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey, glad you made it over here! new
      #157454 - 03/06/05 09:44 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You gradually stop missing stuff like red meat when you realise how ill it makes you...makes a food a LOT less tempting!

Welcome new
      #157455 - 03/06/05 09:47 AM
HeidnOut

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: CA, USA

There is so much to learn and I've been in contact with so many wonderful people on this board and found their advice and information to be very helpful.

Heidi

Re: New to the boards new
      #157476 - 03/06/05 10:26 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Welcome to the boards! I've only been here for a couple of weeks, but I've found these folks to be generous, helpful, and smart. I'm glad you've been doing better this past week. Keep up the good work.

I remember when I gave up red meat! For months, I dreamt about eating hamburgers and steak. I was hungry all the time. And emotional. But then I started getting fewer attacks and I started feeling healthier, more in control of my body. Eventually, as I became stable, I was able to eat chocolate again (in moderation and dairy-free chocolate of course). Maybe you will too!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1608 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 404

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review