All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: another post - acacia works???? new
      #156996 - 03/04/05 09:37 AM

Reged: 01/05/05

Thanks for the support! I take digestige enzymes and a priobitic and drink lots of fennel and peppermint tea. I am now going to start taking a peppermint pill right before lunch. I can not do more than than because than I tend to get heartburn from the peppermint. How long before you started feeling better - I am at the end of my rope!!!!!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

9804 new
      #157178 - 03/05/05 02:05 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If you have reflux problems you should NOT be taking peppermint tea...try strong Chamomile instead. It's a bummer, but there you go.

Re: It will help... new
      #157886 - 03/07/05 12:44 PM
michauxd

Reged: 03/07/05
Loc: Richmond, VA

You sound like I did a few years ago--lost fifteen pounds trying to live on rice cakes, peanut butter and baked potatoes. I took every kind of fiber on the market, and was still constipated. You should see about some drugs, even if it's just to help you get back to work and get your system in line. Miralax is a godsend for C--it worked for me when no amount of fiber would, but you have to see a GI and get it prescribed. Elavil, an older class of antidepressant, has also been helpful for the cramps.

If you have a GI doc that's only telling you to take more fiber and relax, find another one. If you live within driving distance of a medical school, there are usually folks there who are more knowledgeable than the average GI doc.

Don't give up--keep looking and trying things--and start reading labels!

Re: another post - acacia works???? new
      #157893 - 03/07/05 01:10 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Sounds like you are starting slow enough. You may want to wait up to a week or so between increases. I never had results with any other SFS either. This stuff is GRAND!! Using it for one year and hope to never be without it!! Hope you see results too!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Another C here new
      #157895 - 03/07/05 01:19 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

And you do find a plateau with each SFS I guess. I tried to go from 2 1/2t 3x per day (I take it right before each meal) to the full 3t or 1T and caused me to be more C. However, if I drop it back down, I'm great! Just take your time. I went really slow - up to 3 weeks between increases. Had a little discomfort for a day or two with each increase, but then just fine! I love this stuff!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 350 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4683

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review