All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
mucous in the stool
      #156723 - 03/03/05 07:41 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Okay, I know that mucous is a common sypmtom for many of us. But up to now, mine has always been a clear (or cloudy) discharge. The past few days, it has been bright yellow! It's not a lot in quantity, but the color is a new thing for me. Do you guys think I should be concerned about the color? Or is mucous just mucous and the color isn't relevant.

I know, lovely topic!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: mucous in the stool new
      #156727 - 03/03/05 08:37 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Ummm. I think when it's yellow it's just poo is mixed with the mucous, I get this sometimes
Isn't it funny, no matter what weird things our bodies do and as many people say they have the same thing we still blush when talking about it?

--------------------
Amy

#156751 - 03/04/05 01:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I don't know about this one...could bile be getting into your mucous? That's pretty colourful!

please help! new
      #156891 - 03/04/05 06:40 AM
Augie

Has anyone had this bright yellow color in their discharge? I know it's a gross topic, but I'm scared. The color is as bright as the icons on the posts above and below.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: please help! new
      #156896 - 03/04/05 06:43 AM
Linz

Go and see your doc if you're worried.

#156899 - 03/04/05 06:46 AM
NikkiM

Reged: 02/19/05
Loc: Albany, NY

I have never had bright yellow, but I did have bright green at one point...it ended up going away in a few days. I agree with Linz, if you are scared, call your doctor.

I plan on calling him... new
      #156903 - 03/04/05 06:52 AM
Augie

but I can't get in to see him for a while. That's why I'm posting here! I just want other to see if others have had this symptom and can maybe lessen my current paniced state! Plus my current doctor tends to blow things off.

I'm worried, Linz, and I know I obviously need to see a doctor, but that doesn't happen right away. I thought the boards were for posting questions and getting feedback from others experiences. I was hoping someone else maybe experienced this symptom and would be able to shed some light on this.

Are you annoyed with me? I hope not. I'm just trying to ask for help and when I try and help others, I am truly trying my best to give them my understanding of a certain topic. You just seem so annoyed with me lately. Have I done something to upset you? I hope not. I didn't mean to and I'm sorry if I have.

--------------------
~ Beth

I just mean that... new
      #156914 - 03/04/05 07:03 AM
Linz

...if you were worried then you should call your doc - ALWAYS. Especially as no-one seems to have had that particular one before....it couldn't have been something you ate could it?

#157120 - 03/04/05 05:30 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Beth, I frequently have mucus in BMs and also by itself, sometimes clear/cloudy, sometimes yellow, sometimes brown (but it is mucus not poo). I don't know what the yellow colour means, although I suspect it has something to do with the amount of fat I eat. I have had this - like most of my symptoms - for nearly 20 years, so I don't feel worried about it anymore, just disgusted! Other people have posted that mucus is a sign the bowel is in spasm, so do anything that you know helps to calm things down for you and maybe cut down on fat, if you think that could be a factor. Try not to worry too much about it - worry is something you can do without!

Hope this helps,
Josephine

Didn't Steph (aka Unhappy Tummy) also have something like this when she moved back to Canada recently? Maybe do a search ... or perhaps she will see this and reply ...

Edited by dozyveeny (03/04/05 05:38 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 875 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1058

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review