All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: UK alternatives new
      #156779 - 03/04/05 02:50 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

For some reason Waitrose prawn carackers never bothered me, even at my most sensitive. Also those mini poppadom thingies in tubes were OK.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yeah I'm thinking of emigrating... new
      #156780 - 03/04/05 02:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...for both the IBS food and the Fibro doctors and drugs! Plus, they get PROPER snow, not this mess-up-the-traffic-and-then-melt-so-it-doesn't-even-look-pretty silly stuff. I'm thinking New England sounds good!

Re: Yeah I'm thinking of emigrating... new
      #156782 - 03/04/05 02:57 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I'm with you there! Proper snow - whats that then?! haha! A sprinkling of pathetic fluffy rain, which makes everyone go mad, and have accidents, clog the traffic up on your way home. When it snowed last year for that hour, it took me 2 and a half hours to get home and I lived 20 mins away!!

Re: Darn it new
      #156783 - 03/04/05 03:01 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05

try So Crispy soy crisps- they're well nice (and also well expensive. Made by Kallo, the people who make rice cakes.

I am not sure if crisps are fine with me or not- I don't normally eat them anyway, but I don't recall having probelems with Kettle Chips, so maybe I'm lucky?

Or you could try those thingies- what are they? Wheat Crunchies? No! Walkers Squares or something- they do a salt and vinegar one which is vegan and they are baked, not fried, I believe. You can also get baked tortilla chips in a lot of health food shops.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

I wish I could find baked tortilla chips! new
      #156784 - 03/04/05 03:03 AM
Linz

I'll ask next time I go to my HFS but I've never been able to find them!

Re: I wish I could find baked tortilla chips! new
      #156786 - 03/04/05 03:10 AM
nikjones_uk

I'll have a look too - and I'll let you know if I find any. Let us know if you do too x

oh gosh.. here in boston new
      #156911 - 03/04/05 07:01 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

if its less than 10 inches nothing will stop us from going on with our daily business. haha

--------------------

Re: oh gosh.. here in boston new
      #156918 - 03/04/05 07:08 AM
nikjones_uk

I'd be happy to carry on - its everyone else! The supermarkets get full up, everyone panic shops! Its a nightmare!!

Plus we're overcrowded as it is...
      #156932 - 03/04/05 07:28 AM
Linz

...and NO-ONE in the cities ever obeys the travel only if necessary warnings so all our roads get clogged up with people who don't have a clue how to drive in snow!!! Ok, rant over. It's just crazy...I've driven in a snowstorm in Colorado and over here people can't drive in one inch!

Have you tried....
      #157015 - 03/04/05 10:22 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Walkers lites ready salted crisps....each pack has only 5g fat and is made from just potatoes sunflower oil and salt...no triggers....I eat a pack a day theyre like a staple for me!! I was also excited about those quakers things....why does everything have to have lactose in god damn it!! Im serious though....we should atrta a business....with safe ibs food for the uk....I wana write to Luna bar and get them to sell them here....I love them ist not fair we cant have them here and baked lays!! Why is it we get nothing over here????

Oh and Marks and Spencers have a crinkle crisps reduced fat multi pack of 12 which are well nice and only 6g fat per bag....

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32656

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review