Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
new luna bar- response...
      #155432 - 03/01/05 02:02 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I only have a few minutes, but I am copying the email I just got in here:

Hi Amie,

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us about the changes we have made to the LUNA BAR. Not to worry, our changes to the vitamin and mineral content have added to the nutritional value you get from LUNA. You are probably wondering how providing lower levels of vitamins and minerals makes LUNA more nutritious. Sometimes less is more and here is why:
Armed with more information from the National Institute of Health on what women are getting from other foods in relation to their dietary needs, we have been better able to fine-tune Luna's nutritional profile to provide only what your body can use in a balanced snack. The NIH took a good look at what women are already getting in their diet and have also updated the Recommended Daily Allowances for women; this information is the basis for our adjustments in LUNA.

It is not optimal for the body to get all the vitamins and minerals for one day in a single food. Many vitamins and minerals are better absorbed when eaten in smaller portions (calcium is a great example) from a variety of food sources throughout they day. LUNA also wishes to promote variety in you diet.

Also, removing excess vitamins and minerals from LUNA has allowed us to improve the flavor aiding in lowering the sugar and adding more fiber.

We thank you for taking the time to contact with your feedback and concerns, giving us a chance to tell you what we are doing to keep LUNA the best nutrition bar for women. We listen closely to consumer feedback which lead to the reduction in sweetness in LUNA and will continue to note all of your feedback.

If you have any questions please contact me at jhantman@clifbar.com or call 800-884-5254 ext. 105.

Take Care
Jeff - Consumer Service
Clif Bar Inc.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Atomic is going to be mad! new
      #155439 - 03/01/05 02:08 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

But at the same time, I can understand their logic.

Atomic, have you ever tried taking liquid vitamins? I know GNC sells one.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Losers! new
      #155465 - 03/01/05 02:49 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Nah, I'm not mad. Displeased, but I save "mad" for special occasions. I understand their logic, but I still don't think they should have "fixed" something that wasn't broken to begin with.

Every vitamin I've ever tried has repeated on me, given me stomach pains, etc. I'm understandably leery to try any more overpriced vitamins that I probably won't be able to take - especially something liquid, which I know I won't be able to get Adam to take if I can't. Good thought, though.

I look at it this way now: I started eating Luna bars about 6 months ago. Up till that point, I never took vitamins, and I lived to tell about it. So I'll try the new Lunas, and if I like the taste of them, I'll keep eating them and I'll still be ahead.

Re: Losers! new
      #155469 - 03/01/05 02:59 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Casey -
On vitamins - have you ever tried women's one-a-day? I use them and I've done well with those while others used to cause problems - especially anything by centrum! But I checked the ingredients of the vitamin, it does contain dextrin, but nothing else that could be questionable as far as I could see.
Just a thought if you havn't already tried it.

PS - As someone who at one point also lived off of Luna bars - I too am anxious to see what this new scheme will bring!

Re: new luna bar- response... new
      #155492 - 03/01/05 03:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I think the reply I just got is the same....

Quote:

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us about the changes we have made to the LUNA BAR. Not to worry, our changes to the vitamin and mineral content have added to the nutritional value you get from LUNA. You are probably wondering how providing lower levels of vitamins and minerals makes LUNA more nutritious. Sometimes less is more and here is why:
Armed with more information from the National Institute of Health on what women are getting from other foods in relation to their dietary needs, we have been better able to fine-tune Luna's nutritional profile to provide only what your body can use in a balanced snack. The NIH took a good look at what women are already getting in their diet and have also updated the Recommended Daily Allowances for women; this information is the basis for our adjustments in LUNA.
It is not optimal for the body to get all the vitamins and minerals for one day in a single food. Many vitamins and minerals are better absorbed when eaten in smaller portions (calcium is a great example) from a variety of food sources throughout they day. LUNA also wishes to promote variety in you diet.
Also, removing excess vitamins and minerals from LUNA has allowed us to improve the flavor aiding in lowering the sugar and adding more fiber.
We thank you for taking the time to contact with your feedback and concerns, giving us a chance to tell you what we are doing to keep LUNA the best nutrition bar for women. We listen closely to consumer feedback which lead to the reduction in sweetness in LUNA and will continue to note all of your feedback.
If you have any questions please contact me at jhantman@clifbar.com or call 800-884-5254 ext. 105.

Take Care
Jeff - Consumer Service
Clif Bar Inc.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Losers! new
      #155496 - 03/01/05 03:49 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Didn't think you'd be "mad" persay, just used it for lack of a better word.

And, yes, I think you will be just fine with not taking vitamins. I should really think about switching to the Women's One-A-Day in case my vitamins (the cheap-o Walmart brand) are making my tummy upset.

Plus, if you think about it, some other foods you probably eat are fortified, like soymilk and oatmeal packets. So, yes, you're probably fine.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

huh I didn't get a response- nt new
      #155498 - 03/01/05 03:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

ok got one now and it is exactly the same as Amie's -nt new
      #155505 - 03/01/05 04:14 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I take One-A-Days new
      #155547 - 03/01/05 06:14 PM

Unregistered

and they've never bothered me.

Wanna know a funny story though?? My mom told me I really needed to start taking multi-vitamins last year..so I'd gotten them a the store and they just sat on my desk - well I had an awful cold shortly after and my mom was asking if I'd ever taken any vitamins and I said no...so I got up and got the container and I start looking all over the bottle (these are the One-A-Day Womens) and I start looking harder and I said "How many of these do I take??" Lol...DUH! Just thought that was great.

Well I went to Whole Foods tonight and they marked down their Luna bars to 99cents which is great cause they usually sell them for $1.30 and the normal grocery store is 97cents...so they still have old formula one and now I've decided it's my mission to go around town and stock up on my fav old ones before they're all replaced!!

got the same response yesterday too... new
      #156102 - 03/02/05 08:19 PM

Unregistered

I think they decided they'd kill all the birds with one stone and make this one email.

I suppose I understand their point..especially considering I know nothing about vitamins really and the way they say it seems like they know what's going on - I just wish the new ones were yummier (though I've only tried one )

I still don't get has less is more in this case though..and how the calories are still the same

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2380 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2179

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review